where to look for "hard to find" tobaccos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecrowdog

Reaction score
Often people recommend some blend that is no longer being made or is otherwise scarce, and maybe say something like "if or when you can find it..."

So I'm curious where you guys go to look for "hard to find" tobaccos. Are there "rare tobacco auctions" online? There has to be a better place to look than just Google Shopping...

thecrowdog":o0fc4ck8 said:
Often people recommend some blend that is no longer being made or is otherwise scarce, and maybe say something like "if or when you can find it..."

So I'm curious where you guys go to look for "hard to find" tobaccos. Are there "rare tobacco auctions" online? There has to be a better place to look than just Google Shopping...
You might try Pipetongue's cellar. :lol!: He's got more stashed away than anyone on this good earth! It would be good to be one of Ken's friends but I don't think he's a seller of the cellar yet. :D

Falconer":fqrjcstg said:
thecrowdog":fqrjcstg said:

You might try Pipetongue's cellar. :lol!: He's got more stashed away than anyone on this good earth! It would be good to be one of Ken's friends but I don't think he's a seller of the cellar yet. :D
Ken is without question the "Baccy Guru" ;)

There is a gent I have dealt with named Pipestud. He has a consignment shop dealing in vintage tobacco, you should be able to find it with a google search. If you have problems let me know and I'll try to find the link. :lol!:

Falconer":eud0a2kw said:
thecrowdog":eud0a2kw said:

He is Ken, He da Guru!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

4 Noggins!

The true hard to find baccy is unobtanium barring deep friendship..

The 3-10 ye old stuff and the recently no longer produced stuff can be found in trade here and on other pipeboards.. fleabay.. and several online retailers..
(Search:vintage tin)...

The best method of procurement is to produce it yourself... start stashing a tin for every one you smoke.. maybe stash two...lol...
eventually you'll be the old dude with a room full of unobtainium.

puros_bran":1zbkpq71 said:
The true hard to find baccy is unobtanium barring deep friendship..

The 3-10 ye old stuff and the recently no longer produced stuff can be found in trade here and on other pipeboards.. fleabay.. and several online retailers..
(Search:vintage tin)...

The best method of procurement is to produce it yourself... start stashing a tin for every one you smoke.. maybe stash two...lol...
eventually you'll be the old dude with a room full of unobtainium.
Now that be the wisest words written here in quite some time!!!
Brilliant PB!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

i'm fairly certian unobtanium is best smoked in space coral. :D

Actually (on another board I frequent) we've used the term for insanely expensive or impossible at any cost tobacco for several years....

Imagine my chuckles when I saw the Col. killing the blue people for Renaissance..

And yes I'd blow your house up for a big enough supply too... Lol

"eventually you'll be the old dude with a room full of unobtainium"

Well, I've achieved half of this level, but my unobtanium is a bit lacking! By the way, exactly where on the Periodic Table does unobtanium fit? Is it as heavy as Californium? :lol:

Natch

Unobtainium falls between unaffordium and hoardium,,,,