Which are your Favorite Burley and/or Cavendish Blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some rare tins of Edgeworth Sliced, however, I have never smoked any. Does anyone recall any experiences with Edgeworth Sliced! I have smoked Edgeworth Ready Cut and I am not that impressed with it!

Johnny

If I were you, I'd use those tins of Edgeworth as trade bait to get some tobaccos you'd be more inclined to smoke. There's nothing worse than falling in love with a tobacco you can never really get with regularity.

I'm not big on Burley all by itself, but I enjoy certain blends that have their fair share of it: Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Kendal Kentucky, Esoterica Stonehaven, and Butera Kingfisher.

I didn't care for burley at first. It seems to have snuck up on me and now there are alot of burley blends that I really like. I think it was cumberland that started the whole process and I'm glad it did :tongue: :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

Johnny, The Edgworth Slices isn't anything like the Ready Rubbed, not even from the same solar system! I find the Slices a great, straight burley smoke, but for what they go for on ebay, I'd sell them and for each you could buy a pound of something grand.

Natch

Currently smoking Carter Hall. My tobacconist at Fader's has combined Barrister an english blend w/BCA and Regency a mild flavored burley that I've been wearing out that's excellent. I have a tub of Walnut,Granger and Edward G Robinson which is under rated.
I've been experimenting w/burley which is another country heard from that I enjoy visiting.

Funn :pipe: :pipe:

mdmiller5":iz11vxs1 said:
Mine would have to be a mix that a B&M (now since closed) mixed up. Brigg's and Lane's BCA. A 50-50 mixture.
This sounds interesting. I'd love to mix some up and try it out, however, Briggs is no longer available. Of course, the Lane BCA is no problem. So, unless you have some Briggs stashed away, trying this is gone forever!

JohnnyFlake":ahbjpopd said:
mdmiller5":ahbjpopd said:
Mine would have to be a mix that a B&M (now since closed) mixed up. Brigg's and Lane's BCA. A 50-50 mixture.
This sounds interesting. I'd love to mix some up and try it out, however, Briggs is no longer available. Of course, the Lane BCA is no problem. So, unless you have some Briggs stashed away, trying this is gone forever!
Johnny, pm me your address as I misplaced it and I will send you a sample to give a try. I did stock up on the Briggs (one 10 oz. tin and two 2 oz. tins). I also have about 10 oz's. already mixed up.

JohnnyFlake":nisff7kw said:
I have some rare tins of Edgeworth Sliced, however, I have never smoked any. Does anyone recall any experiences with Edgeworth Sliced! I have smoked Edgeworth Ready Cut and I am not that impressed with it!

Johnny

When I first tried Edgeworth RR I was a bit less than overwhelmed. For me the trick to ERR is to think of it as "ready rubbed" only in comparison to the flakes. I rub it out a bit more to get rid of those larger chunks and smoke it in a large bowl. This makes a world of difference.

For me the "Breakfast of Champions" is ERR or Prince Albert and black coffee. :cheers:

Just finished my first tin of Solani Aged Burley Flake...yummy weedage. It rubbed out easily and came at a perfect moisture level to instantly burn. Next tin I open of this I'm gonna try loading the flake "Mc Barren style"... :study:

For an over-the-counter I don't think ERRd can be beat. In premium burleys, C&D has some excellent ones: Morley's Best, Epiphany, Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz, Safe Harbor Flake (the good batches), and Pegasus. Peretti has some excellent ones, including Blend DD and my favorite, BPC. There are a lot of good ones out there.

Smokey :pipe:

My favorite smoke right now is MacBaren LBB with a pinch of GL Pease Cumberland mixed in.

Smokes great in every pipe Ive tried it in and MAN ! is it tasty :cheers: