While we're posting Pipe Rooms, here's my renovated space...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one cracking pipe retreat OP! Jolly well done! Truly a place to call your own.

ontariopiper":rn7geaz5 said:
Brewdude":rn7geaz5 said:
I'm also looking forward to the pics of the guitars and recording stuff Charles, seeing as I do a bit of both!

Cheers,

RR
Shifted the desk and finally got the music gear organized, Rande. Not much is left at this point - I sold off all the live gigging gear except for a few items that fall into the Old Friend category. I like having the instruments on the wall - I'm much more likely to grab one and noodle around a bit if they're easily accessible!

The framed CDs on the ledge are all self-produced albums - two solo discs, and three band discs. All East Coast Folk music - lots of fun to play and always contagious in a crowd. :D  

This room is coming together nicely. The carpet is plush under foot, and the chair is comfy for a good read. If I add a fridge and a bathroom, I may never come out!

20170911.jpg
Holy Christmas Charles, colour me impressed! Really brother, a lot of thought and work went into all that and it's very clean and well thought out indeed! 8)

Is that an Epi 335? And the Firebird shape looks like a half size - what's the story with that?

And the acoustic is clearly an Ovation. How do you like it? I've had mixed reactions to them.

Ya, add you a kegerator and a pissoiur and you're good to go!

So when do I get to hear your 2 solo discs and 3 band discs eh?

Nosy lil' bassard, ain't I?

:clown:

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":hg10f3cw said:
Holy Christmas Charles, colour me impressed! Really brother, a lot of thought and work went into all that and it's very clean and well thought out indeed! 8)

Is that an Epi 335? And the Firebird shape looks like a half size - what's the story with that?

And the acoustic is clearly an Ovation. How do you like it? I've had mixed reactions to them.

Cheers,

RR
The Epi is actually a 339, Rande - same sounds as a 335 but closer to a Les Paul in size and weight. I traded my 335 for it, and haven't looked back! The acoustic is an Ovation. I'm a bit mixed on these, myself, but I've had good luck with this one. Acoustically it's only ok, but plugged in she sounds great, with very little of the typical amped-acoustic feedback problems.

The little fellow is an Epiphone Mandobird VIII - an 8-string electric mandolin, which I bought to avoid the problem of feedback from my acoustic mando on stage. The scale is also slightly longer than a traditional mandolin, so I can get my fat fingers into position just a bit more easily! :lol!:   It's a PITA to buy strings for (no one makes a set of 8 electric, ball end mandolin strings, so I have to buy individual strings), and the stock single-coil pickup is nothing to write home about, but it's a lot of fun to play. Sounds great through a JAzz Chorus amp!

Just realized my bodhran is missing from the wall. I'll have to remedy that!

Beautiful work and very inspiring, OP!  I plan to build a den in a corner of our unfinished basement.  Unfortunately, I have a number of other projects ahead of it at this point.

Walkman":3srlshr4 said:
Beautiful work and very inspiring, OP!  I plan to build a den in a corner of our unfinished basement.  Unfortunately, I have a number of other projects ahead of it at this point.
Walkman - that's exactly what I did! I carved off a chunk of basement while finishing the space. It's seen several different uses over the years, but so far I like this one best. My only wish was that there was a window in the room for natural light, but you can't have everything. :)

Every day I look at this thread. I am impressed. I was just wondering if you used MDF for the white painted woodwork. That's what I did in my room.

I also noticed your work table and thought that the use of the egg crate was an ingenious idea for holding your pipes. I took one out the fridge and I am using it for the same thing! Oh, I did put the eggs in a bowl with a note that they were raw, not hard boiled! :lol:

Thanks Corncobcon. Yes, the wainscotting was all done with MDF. Bought a full sheet and had the store cut it into strips for me.

The egg crate thing happened by accident around here. I had several estate restorations on the go and the egg crate was the only thing I could find to hold then all! ?

Place looks terrific brutha.

Seeing your guitfiddles hangin on the wall has me thinkin about doin somethin similar with mine.

I think if I did this it would result in me playin em more.

Still lookin for just the right (cheap yet aesthetically pleasing ) coffee table to set my 35 y.o. hand carved marble chess set on.