Whisky Collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Since my tobacco cellar is flush, I thought I'd start a "new" obsession... collecting whisky or as you say south of the border "whiskey".

My "tobacco wall of smiles" is being "over run" by assorted whisky bottles.

I like ryes, but will be venturing out into irish, bourbons, scotch as time goes by.

I never realized there were so many varieties.

I don't think there is a lot of maintenance involved in collecting whisky... ie room temperature, worrying about open containers, humidity, aging... but if someone does know some things I should be alerted about, please feel free to share.
:D

What better way to enjoy a bowl than to enjoy a fine drink with your favorite blend. I haven't ventured into rye whisky but did buy a special bottle of sazerac 15 year old, or was it 18 year old which I haven't opened as yet.
For quite some time I have had the pleasure of sampling and enjoying a number of single malts. The variations and labels are endless as are prices. It's difficult to build a collection of these fine bottles however, they just seem to vanish from the shelves. Good luck and I hope you totally enjoy another venue of collecting
Doc

docwatson":d6tkayvi said:
What better way to enjoy a bowl than to enjoy a fine drink with your favorite blend. I haven't ventured into rye whisky but did buy a special bottle of sazerac 15 year old, or was it 18 year old which I haven't opened as yet.
For quite some time I have had the pleasure of sampling and enjoying a number of single malts. The variations and labels are endless as are prices. It's difficult to build a collection of these fine bottles however, they just seem to vanish from the shelves. Good luck and I hope you totally enjoy another venue of collecting
Doc
Drinking and collecting, I love it! Good luck with your acquisitions, and have a great new year!

A widow lady that my wife works with had some stuff from her husband she wanted to get rid of. I said I would buy it (guns and stuff). Ended up she had 5 unopened bottles of various whiskeys, including a 1957 bottle of Crown Royal, an early 1970's Seagrams in special Christmas packaging, plus some other less know brands all in the range of 40+ years old. Date stamps still intact on all of them. I know whiskey doesn't age once it is bottled but they look pretty cool sitting on my bar and I got them free in the deal! :cheers: