Who Am I ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humphrey Bogart proclaimed in 1950. “If everyone in the world would take three ... bent earnestly over a notebook, smoking a pipe and drinking scotch, ..."

Looks like Bogie to me

No,it won't be so easy this time!You will have to employ all your powers. :twisted:

Winslow

Hey, you are not being fair, Winslow. My eyesight is poor and the picture is small and I've had a few :drunken:

Is the pic from a movie?

The picture is a frame of film.Whether it is from a movie,TV,or a homemade
stag film I cannot reveal. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Winslow

Trying to narrow it down..

it is likely post "silent era" yet pre "techno-color era"

:drunken:

To the best of your knowledge was the pipe smoker married (even for a short period) to a famous blond hollywood star?

No,the picture is circa 1954.No Hollywood connection.

Winslow

Dec 24, 1954 - A group of thirty professors, male students and co-eds competed in a pipe-smoking con; test as part of the college's month-long drive to raise funds for World ... Eva Zeitlin, a 19-yearold junior who had never smoked a pipe before, was the winning co-ed, with a smoking record of half an hour. ...
Is the pipe smoker a professor?

No,he is a detective just as LeStrade was in the Sherlock Holmes stories. :) :) :)
Now the cat is out of the bag! :lol: :lol:

Winslow

Haw,Haw!No,No,No. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am going to sleep now but will watch this thread unfold tommorrow while at work.The winner will get to pick out of my cellar a good 40-50 grams of quality
weed.

Winslow

No,you all failed to ID him.Another clue;In the 1950's some British TV shows
that had been successful in the U.K. were shown on American TV.One example
was "The Adventures of Robin Hood".This detective was seen on American TV
in the early-mid fifties.

Winslow

No,it was not Patrick McNee.This TV show had a sucessful run on the CBS
network under a different name from the British show.

The detective's name is the same as a American pop singer in the late 1950's.

Winslow

Maybe, Willian Gargan who played the detective Martin Kane or it could be Rupert Davies who played a pipe smoking detective who's character name was Maigret on a long running British detective show during that time.

This is a tough one!

No,No,No. Another clue...........There was a game show called "The $64,000 Question" and it was very popular in the 1950's.This famous detective served
as the "Custodian of Questions" for the show. :scratch:

Winslow