Who has given up on taking a bath?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
When was the last time you took a bath in a tub?
I personally have not bathed in a tub in easily over 20 years.
We asked ourselves this question and decided that we did not need a bath tub.
Our 1 and half bath house previously consisted of a bath/shower and two toilets.
Now we have a very nice shower and two toilets.
Are there any other trend setters out there or are we the only people who don't bath in tubs?

Bub":3mhxn93t said:
When was the last time you took a bath in a tub?
I personally have not bathed in a tub in easily over 20 years.
We asked ourselves this question and decided that we did not need a bath tub.
Our 1 and half bath house previously consisted of a bath/shower and two toilets.
Now we have a very nice shower and two toilets.
Are there any other trend setters out there or are we the only people who don't bath in tubs?

Bud, I have a stall shower and it's the only thing I'm safe in as I'm not good on my feet anymore. I can lean against the wall and there's just no room to fall in one. Although I've tripped getting out I still believe it's safer for me.
The last time I tried taking a shower in a tub I fell and almost killed myself.
Tub bathing isn't my forte either cause ya gotta get up and step out of it and that also creates a fall situation for me, that and I just don't like sitting it dirty/soapy water and have to rinse off anyway.
I haven't taken a Tub bath in about 20 years myself. ;)

Maybe one of the reasons we don't take baths is because we don't how.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aZN_N_IQqxo" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Bub":4n1urnxe said:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aZN_N_IQqxo" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
Perhaps she could show me how to do that? :twisted:

Way too girly girl for me sir, besides by the time I gathered up all that crap to take a bath I could have had a shower and shaved already.

It depends on whom I'm with. But seriously, a bath is rather useful if you're chilled to the bone, like when you run your car out of fuel at night in the middle of winter or something. Otherwise, a shower is the way I roll. Hot baths seem rather enervating to me, and I have avoided them since I was a young lad.

Pfffft..
You morons don't know what you are missing..
Get a glass of wine, put some baby oil on your RubberDucky™ Brand sex doll, turn some music on, and relax in the tub. That's what I'm talkin bout Jack! Why worry about shower babies when you can have tadpoles!

Bub":q4ewg59l said:
Wow - if it is that complicated, I guess I can see why so few of us have time for it. My baths stopped really when my daughters started filling the tub with naked Barbies. The shower was quick, and I got used to the extra time.

Ozark Wizard":n1o16stm said:
Bub":n1o16stm said:
Perhaps she could show me how to do that? :twisted:
And have you help her with those hard to reach areas? :shock: :twisted:

Only soak in a tub when my back is out of whack and needs some hot/moist heat. Which isn't often, thankfully. Showers for this boy.

Back when I started visiting the UK in '79 there wasn't even one place that had shower facilities. It was all bath tubs. For years into the mid-late 80's.

This was in the B&B places I stayed at back then, which admittedly were the least expensive establishments I could find. Yet even my new UK mates didn't have shower facilities at that time in their homes. It was like the concept hadn't caught on in Blighty at that time or something!

In fact, their bathtubs at that time had 2 faucets - one for hot and one for cold with separate controls.

So in an effort to get a proper shower while on holiday in the UK, I rigged up a  Frankenstein system consisting of a rubber boot that was placed over each of the faucets leading to a "T" which then supplied a single hose with a spray head.

It was all very Rube Goldberg (or Heath Robinson, as they say in the UK). And one had to hold the spray head in the hand. But it was a helluva lot better than soaking in a tub of dirty water.

Did I mention that the bathrooms were as cold as a dead person? Perhaps that was designed to get one out of there as quick as possible. After all, why make this an agreeable environment when it costs the establishment money?

My apologies my UK brethren, you know who you are. But that's how I see it. Warts and all........

:silent:

Cheers,

RR

Forgot to say that even the hand washing sinks in the UK had separate faucets back then.

I always wondered how one could get a uniform temperature, without first plugging the drain hole and then rinsing in the pool. And even then, the drain plug was missing.......

You wacky Brits have a lot to answer for...........

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Never liked the idea of stewing in filth. On the rare occasions when I need to use a tub like Rande is when my back is giving me grief. In those cases I'll shower first then depending on what stupid crap I did I'll either fill the tub with hot water or fill it with about 40lbs of ice and maybe 5 gallons of cold water. You only want enough of that to get your back not to completely submerge.