Who Has to Smoke Outside?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During the hot humid summer months I smoke in my office with a fan in a window venting the smoke outside. During the rest of the year I smoke outside. Relegated to the outdoors during winter sucks. I guess I could use the fan during winter but can't justify heating the outdoors. I don't know why it matters to me as I am air conditioning the outdoors during summer :scratch: . I have a bird feeder set up in the back yard and usually sit in a lawn chair, watch the birds, and play fetch with my Golden Retreiver. Very relaxing.

I guess what I am saying is that I smoke outdoors, and really don't mind it as long as the weather is good.

My next house is gonna have a man cave, or at the very least a garage. Or maybe both! :D

I must say that I do feel quite lucky to be able to smoke indoors. Sometimes my Mother-in-Law will make comments about not wanting to be around cigarette smoke because "you stink like a cigarette afterwords". However it's MY house and it's my Mother-in-Law so I fill a bowl, light up and enjoy it twice as much :lol:

puros_bran":nfnl382y said:
Maybe if the boys would sow up their snatch and duct tape some cohoynes on there they would be man enough to put a woman in her place. I jest a lot but I just couldn't imagine allowing a woman to lord over me.

Aint no wonder all these women are going lesbian... What's the difference.

My advise walk into YOUR home with YOUR pipe smoking, tell YOUR woman that you will take YOUR dinner in YOUR living room. If all goes well you should wake up from YOUR concussion sometime next week. Hehehehehehehe
I was gonna also add that you should have a good 8 by 10 ready in your hands for the Funeral director to get that part in your hair right!

"My advise walk into YOUR home with YOUR pipe smoking, tell YOUR woman that you will take YOUR dinner in YOUR living room. If all goes well you should wake up from YOUR concussion sometime next week. Hehehehehehehe"

Yea, and when I have my next colonoscopy, they'll find my missing pipe! :affraid:

Natch

A buddy of mine has an attic we smoke in when we hang out there. Only problem is it's only good from about march to early june and september to early december.....too hot or too cold otherwise!

I smoke my pipes in the house but she doesn't like it when I smoke in the car cause it
chokes her,those billowing clouds of Lakeland Flakes.......Ahhh.

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":d0chthiz said:
I smoke my pipes in the house but she doesn't like it when I smoke in the car cause it
chokes her,those billowing clouds of Lakeland Flakes.......Ahhh.

Winslow :sunny:
Then I guess I shouldn't send her this picture we took of you a few years back smoking in your car?

Natch

I'm the MAN of our castle and what I say goes,,,,if I want to light up my pipe, I'll do it anywhere and anytime I please,,,as many times as I want to,,,,,and I'll take no guff from the wife,,,,

oh, by the way she smokes and enjoys the smell of pipe tobacco,,,lucky me,,,but if she didn't,,,I'd take by the scruff of the neck and teach her to bow down and honor her master,,,,fetch my pipe and pack it,,,,wait obediently by my easy chair with a pipe cleaner in one hand and a cold drink in the other,,,yes sir I'd straighten her out !!!!!

We quit smoking in the house when my infant grandson spent a lot of time with us, was a cigarett smoker then. Got used to the house not smelling like a dirty ashtray all the time from the cigs. Since taking up pipe I have a small man room with exhaust fan I place in the window, got that removable fan suggestion from a cuple of brothers here on the board. The other bulldog of the house can't take smoke of any kind, he has breathing issues even without it and allready snores loud enough anyways. of course, I did inform SWMBO that is by my own choice and if I wanted to blah blah blah. I informed her of that under my breath from across the yard while facing away from her, plenty of scars on noggin as it is. She really enjoys the aroma of pipe, and ventures into my 'area' on occasion.

Bd

Never Forget!

when im at work i have to smoke outside.. but thank goodness my military barracks still let me smoke in my room.. so my room is a catch all of mancave computerroom and sleepin quareters. smoking outside at work though its windy im on a active runway so this is why most of my pipes are thick walled hevey and built like sherman tanks.. or when i can snag them up meerchaum lined bowls.

usualy now though i always get into my pipes when i get off of work crack open a jar of somethin ive mixed up load up one of sit back pipes like my freehands or churchwardens and read a good book.

Aaron":dsp545x5 said:
(she lets me smoke but dosen't really like the smell of burning tobacco)
That is not true. :x

I love the smell (and taste) of burning tobacco (depending on the kind). It's the lingering smell after that I don't like (It not only lingers in your beard, but also in your chair and the couch) . The reason I didn't like you smoking inside before I was pregnant was because we were renting our place (but I gave in and gave you a great smoking room that was all yours! It was perfect for smoking and reading and drinking brandy. It was your space and I didn't go in there.). Then, when I was preggers, I just didn't want the smoke to hurt the baby, silly. Now we have a balcony...it's perfect for smoking on in warmer weather (which is most of the time because this is freaking Oklahoma...silly boy). :roll:

We women have our reasons for the things we do. Sometimes they're logical and some times we're just PMSing. :affraid:

Either way, y'all are better off just nodding your head and agreeing. :D

I used to smoke indoors and out when I lived in NY before I had kids. Indoors was in my office with the window fan going. Since having a baby I smoke outdoors.

Now we have 2 girls, but I have a bigger house in NC with an office on a different floor than the kids' rooms. In the summer, spring, and early autumn I actually prefer smoking outside, but now that we are having a cold winter here (last year was very mild), I have just purchased a Kenmore HEPA filter and am waiting for it to arrive. That, plus my window fan, might make smoking in my home office / man cave fairly transparent to the wife and kids. That would great, as I work from this office!

-Andrew

I'm an inside smoker. It seems a waste to smoke when you're uncomfortable, like when its very cold out, as it seems the point to smoking is to enjoy it. My wife would prefer that I smoked aromatics but I have not in years. She likes Abington sometimes and I have found it is a good mood indicator. If she likes it she's in a good mood, if not, I'll keep the pipe in my mouth so I'm quiet.

As a side note I think my wife is finally going to get me a smoking jacket for x-mas!

Irene Adler":g89c8s22 said:
Aaron":g89c8s22 said:
(she lets me smoke but dosen't really like the smell of burning tobacco)
That is not true. :x
Looks like she called you out on that one Aaron! :lol:

Irene Adler":g89c8s22 said:
We women have our reasons for the things we do. Sometimes they're logical and some times we're just PMSing. :affraid:

Either way, y'all are better off just nodding your head and agreeing. :D
Funny, my wife says the same thing! :lol:

Well she did let me smoke tonight in the house and even had a smoke with me for a few moments. It was very nice of her. The grandparents are keeping Dylan tonight and that's the only reason she let me. :shock:

Aaron":74n6e2ym said:
Well she did let me smoke tonight in the house and even had a smoke with me for a few moments. It was very nice of her. The grandparents are keeping Dylan tonight and that's the only reason she let me. :shock:
How much better could it get than to sit down with your wife for a smoke?! You better be good to that lady! :D

Justpipes":mlnjca3c said:
Aaron":mlnjca3c said:
How much better could it get than to sit down with your wife for a smoke?! You better be good to that lady! :D
Heh, I am! I'm buying her a new pipe tomorrow. She saw one she wants and wants me to buy it for her. And there was much rejoicing. :pipe:

My wife, God bless her, doesn't allow me to smoke in the house. She's not too happy about me smoking at all. So I am relegated to the screened in porch where I have a recliner. Not too shabby when the weather is nice. I try to make at least a weekly trip to my favorite B & M where I can sit comfortably and enjoy the company of like minded men. The owner has plans to expand and make a "smoking club" where he will have lockers for the regulars to store their pipes and tobacco and even some libation if we so desire. A pipe full of burley, two fingers of scotch and amiable companionship; now that's what I call wonderful. :pipe:

I live with non smokers that are alergic to smoke

So I smoke in the garage I have a heater and recliber all set up
Its not to bad in the winter