Who Has to Smoke Outside?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some years back I used to smoke in my home office. However, with time I started noticing the accumulation of a very gross sticky film of tar and nicotine over everything: the books, the computer, golf clubs, photo cameras, etc. Everything started gaining a funky smell, which I didn't detect when smoking, but that was very strong and unpleasant (particularly noticeable when things were taken out of the office). I tried everything I could to eliminate the problem: fans by the window, candles, air purifiers. Some things worked better than others, but the problem always remained. Other than using an industrial-strength exhaust apparatus or using a specially designated room just for smoking, there was no way to avoid it. I just cannot live with the rank, therefore my own rule is not to smoke anywhere inside the house. I also enforced that rule to cigarette smoke (then, my wife was a cigarette smoker, but she wasn't particularly unhappy with it).

The wife does not smoke anymore and I limit my smoking activities to the garage (with all doors open), but preferably to the back porch.

My dear wife is a ciggie smoker. We both smoke in the house. The office is another story - I'm relegated to a few furtive puffs in my car at lunch break. How demeaning!

I must smoke outside of the house either in the out of doors or enclosed porch due to
wife's breathing issues. I also choose to due to the $$$$$$$$$ of electronics in the house
and the cats we hold very dear. It does get bloody cold on the porch but hey, it's only
temporary. :lol!:

I have to smoke outside but since I live in South Florida it's not too much of a problem...we have a nice screened in back porch overlooking a canal and I have a few bird feeders up so I can watch the birds and the ducks, and the ocassional iguana that wanders by...the only real problem is in the middle of the summer when the heat is the highest...it usually tops out in the low 90's but humidity factors can make it feel like it's 10 degrees hotter...and that makes the nicotine hit you harder and faster...every so often I have to step inside and grab a teaspoon of sugar to get rid of the quesy feeling (usually get hit by cigars more than pipe) depending on what I'm smoking...

when i first started smoking a pipe i went out and bought a nice recliner and put it on the porch, when the wife ask if that was so i could sit out there and smoke i told he no, it is so you will be comfterable sitting out here if my smoking inside bothers you. lol. not really but i do smoke inside all i want.

Got to smoke inside today while the wife was at work with the son. Nice treat once in awhile.... :pipe:

i wonder if Amy would like a nice recliner outside on the balcony?

Aaron":3eb3huaj said:
Got to smoke inside today while the wife was at work with the son. Nice treat once in awhile.... :pipe:

Hmmmmm........does your wife ever comment on the leftover smoke smell that
is part of pipe smoking?

Aaron":0bqymbxu said:
Not if you still want to live in this apartment and sleep in a bed, sweetheart.

Buck":0bqymbxu said:
is part of pipe smoking?
As a fellow pipe smoker, I understand the smell, but I really don't care for it. I don't mind him smoking inside when his son and I are out, but not when the baby is around.

Irene Adler":iaroze09 said:
Aaron":iaroze09 said:
Not if you still want to live in this apartment and sleep in a bed, sweetheart.

Buck":iaroze09 said:
is part of pipe smoking?
As a fellow pipe smoker, I understand the smell, but I really don't care for it. I don't mind him smoking inside when his son and I are out, but not when the baby is around.
That sounds like a mighty fair compromise Amy! :D

Aaron":rj3gke4n said:
heh, I agree I just like giving my wife a hard time. :D
You may find it fun, but you drive me crazy. One of these days karma is going to bite you in the buttocks. And I will laugh. :lol:

Irene Adler":gicgb22n said:
Aaron":gicgb22n said:
heh, I agree I just like giving my wife a hard time. :D
You may find it fun, but you drive me crazy.
I always thought that was a good thing sweetie... :shock:

My wife nixed indoor smoking, so I've converted my car into a smoking den. I smoke whenever I drive, but I also spend several hours a day parked in front of my house smoking a pipe while reading a book, listening to NPR or using my laptop. Because I work from home, it's also my de facto office.

Charmowitz":os3tvct8 said:
My wife nixed indoor smoking, so I've converted my car into a smoking den. I smoke whenever I drive
Similar story, except no smoking allowed in the apartment. I probably do about 1/2 my smoking wandering around the apartment complex, 1/3 in the car, and the remainder walking on campus in the few 'smoking not prohibited yet' places.

Just for the hell of it I read through this from the beginning. A lot of good members gone and a lot of good memories.

I enjoy smoking in the car while driving around I find it to be relaxing and a good time to reflect on things, but I love to drive in general. I also smoke indoors if I am in the mood. (usually I only smoke a few bowls a day.)