Who says Morta is only for Latakia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I received my first ever tins of Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky and enjoyed it in my MM Twain a great deal and finally had a great smoke of it in one of my briars.

Today I took the flat bottomed Dublin light brown Morta from the capable hands of Pipemaker John Hines who he entrusted his lovely creation to Pipemaker Josh Whitehead to do the blasting work, this collaboration was a perfect match just like the marble colored stem John chose for the pipe.

While I thought I had full enjoyment of the Dark Strong Kentucky by Orlik it wasn’t until I was keeping it smokey in the pipe that the nuances of this fine tobacco slapped upside the head, folks will tell you Morta shine with Latakia but I know VA’s, VA/Per’s and other tobaccos shine as well and DSK is one that will sing in your Morta.
banjo

36769552414_04279d6742_z_d.jpg

Yup, beautiful blast on the Morta pipe. Glad your outside enjoying a pipe with an outstanding blend. Hope your on the mend.

KEEP ON KEEPING IT SMOKEY!!!

Kind of a dark photo, here is one in better light to allow the real beauty of the pipe shine.
36771452764_8f6b5f036f_z_d.jpg

banjo

What a difference the light makes, you can really see the color as well as the blast. Also that stem looks fabulous on that piece of briar.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Holy trick of the light Batman! Its beautiful in either pic but I bet it looks even better in person! Glad to see you enjoying such a fine pipe on a lovely day.

Jim

Never heard the Latakia thing before. I think morta should bring out nuances in most blends though...acting as it does kind of like meerschaum...or at least it’s reported to behave like a meer.

Blackhorse":on86xu2y said:
Never heard the Latakia thing before. I think morta should bring out nuances in most blends though...acting as it does kind of like meerschaum...or at least it’s reported to behave like a meer.
+1