Wholesale and such...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
So my boss is talking about moving me up to full time at the tobacco shop and we've discussed branching out our tobacco inventory. Looking at maybe trying to find some different good bulk blends and maybe some tins. Right now in regards to bulk blends she stocks mostly Peter Stokkebye and Altadis And I was wondering if the brothers knew of any good wholesalers who sold other blends such as McClelland, Gl Pease and the such like. And suggestions are much appreciated as to blends that might sell well. Thanks all.

Congrats on being possibly full time. I know that would help a lot.

You need to get her to carry some great stuff then start a BoB buyer's club! :cheers:

I think she can deal directly with C&D as a retailer. If Mr. Pease sees this he could let you know for sure.

What's good is a minor consideration.

What people there like (and are likely to buy) is a major consideration.

:face:

Yak":pwoysu94 said:
What's good is a minor consideration.

What people there like (and are likely to buy) is a major consideration.

:face:
Yup.

Know your clientele's taste(s). What you like or not doesn't matter at all.

In Oklahoma, and away from a city, I'd guess that smoking a pipe is more a "get to the tobacco" sort of thing---an alternative to cigarettes---than a hobby for most of your customers.

NOT Erinmore or Walnut! The candle shop down the street has those. Stokkebeyes (sp) Proper English and Cube Cut are good.

I remember the owner of the biggest B&M here once told me that 90% of his sales were aromatics.

Slow Puffs":rwxvrjwo said:
I remember the owner of the biggest B&M here once told me that 90% of his sales were aromatics.
I recall Lew saying that a huge majority of JR's cigar sales are machine made.

Hermit":tc9xrwjj said:
Slow Puffs":tc9xrwjj said:
I recall Lew saying that a huge majority of JR's cigar sales are machine made.
So, we're like the high-end, elite, sophisticated, intellectual end of the smoking world? :affraid:

No wonder they're trying to pass laws to exterminate us. :mrgreen:

Natch

Depending on the competition... do extra things... like tossing in pipe cleaners, small samples, ask customers their preferences in tobaccos (would you like us to bring in some C&D, GLP blends)... connect pipers to form a social club, etc...

Both C&D and McClelland deal directly with the retailer as they are in the U.S. and no importer is necessary. :|

yeah, I did some research and found out about McClellands and C&D. Does anyone know of any other wholesale company... you know like where does Cup O Joe's get their tobacco from? What about Pipes and Cigars... I'd really like to not have to contact them about it... seems kinda wrong.

Aaron.

p.s. Thanks for the replies folks. :D

Aaron,

Most tobacconist purchase their tobacco through distributors as most manufactures don't deal direct. A few do as mentioned but most don't. Give Randy a call at WV Smoke Shop. 1-888-319-6960. He is a real nice fellow and I am sure if you explain your situation to him he will at least point you in the right direction of some reputable distributors. I would also call Steve Monjure of Monjure International. (336) 889-2390. He is one of the nicest people in the business and he reps some good stuff. You can also email him. [email protected]

Thanks Mark. I'll probably do that. I'm just trying to help my boss out a little in the pipe tobacco acquisition department. The distributors she deals with don't seem to have much. :scratch:

Aaron in oklahome most here smoke OTC's they are easy to get and cheap

A lot are just old men that have been smoking pipe for years and know what they like
Price will be the biggest problem to overcome
Lanes tobacco's do well here

C&D's tobaccos would sell along with GLP's because they are just good easy smoking tobacco's
I have noticed many shops are starting to stock Stokkeby's Flakes and are sellin g a bunch

Start asking around Ada at the resturants and bars what they like in tobacco's you will get a lot of good info that way

Contact " XYZ Direct LTD."

Phone: (800) 266-6265 or (770) 951-2800
Fax: (770) 951-2809
Email: [email protected]

They are the distributers for Robert McConnel & All of the Rattray's blends.
plus wholseale quantities of general smokers stuff.

Your boss will have to prove your a "Legit" buisness ie: provide franchise Tax board resale license numbers etc.