Why corn cob?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time we passed through Nebraska we noticed the birds all had flat feet ,,,no trees to perch in,,,or was that Kansas???? :lol!:

At the pipe show I told Carlos "There's a dead bird by the smoking tent".
He looked up. :tongue:

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":r47y9tqk said:
At the pipe show I told Carlos "There's a dead bird by the smoking tent".
He looked up. :tongue:

Winslow :sunny:

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

The humble corn cob pipe ... cube cut Burley, corn cob pipe, sweet iced tea in a large mason jar, warm summer evenings on the porch, or while fishing the last light of day :cheers:

I had bought a cob when I got my first tin of Squadron Leader back in the winter, I wanted to have a pipe dedicated to it only. I recently finished off that tin and havent replaced it (yet) so I thought I would try out this Devil's Holiday in the cob, since it's an aro & I don't want to use my Va smokin Briars for it (ghosting issues). So last night I was puffing on this cob which had this whole tin of SL smoked through it exclusively and now was packed with DH, the DH smoked as normal for the first half of the bowl but wow after that halfway point the SL came out and overpowered the DH, talk about ghosting. With the second bowl the ghosting wasnt as noticeable, we'll see how it goes from here.

Dubbya":raymi82s said:
robertw1249":raymi82s said:
Dubbya":raymi82s said:
EJinVA":raymi82s said:
i know i'm not a pipe snob i love my corn cobs i enjoy a nice bowl of carterhall siting on my small deck on my single wide trailer out in the sticks :D
Now that sounds like heaven to me!
yes it is i love it here nebraska is gods country
Add mosquitos the size of B-52's and make it a doublewide and you have my favorite place to smoke down to a T.
well we got the B-52's mosquitos here to so come on over and pull up a chair and make your self at home :pipe:
I've only made it to Nebraska once but, next time I'm in the area, I'm coming over with a fresh tin of Old Dublin and having a smoke.
yeah if your in this area come on over

mark":g0c1m906 said:
Last time we passed through Nebraska we noticed the birds all had flat feet ,,,no trees to perch in,,,or was that Kansas???? :lol!:
yes we do have trees in nebraska

I agree that a cob can make a wonderful pipe. I smoked a MM Country Gentleman at work for about a year
what a great little pipe but alas the bit didn't hold up. Today I picked up 2 unsmoked MM's from an antique
shop, they have the amber stems so hopefully they'll hold up better, we'll see...

My version of a corn cob pipe:
cocobo11.jpg
[/url][/img]

great thread!

I am looking around to MAKE a cob pipe...I have some ideas for the shape of the thing and am thinking that I'll cut up a MM to get the stem and stuff and then fit it into the cob...

Has anybody ever tried to make one of these? Can I use just any ole grocery store corn, or do I need to seek out some Silver Queen, or what?

kilted1":pbabhpx5 said:
The humble corn cob pipe ... cube cut Burley, corn cob pipe, sweet iced tea in a large mason jar, warm summer evenings on the porch, or while fishing the last light of day :cheers:
Kilted 1 you are a man after my own heart!!! That is what I call good living. :cheers: