Why did this pipe sell for so much money?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castello pipes are expensive but not like this :lol:

I'm pretty sure he could have had TWO new ones for that price

The bid history looks odd. The price almost doubled in the last two bids. Looks almost like two bidders got ticked off at each other, if the record means anything at all. I sometimes put in a ridiculously high bid for something I really want, but not like this. It's a $400 pipe, as far as I can see, so I might have put in a bid for $600 if I had been drinking or otherwise temporarily insane.

I don't think this seller consigns otherwise I guess it was a shill bidder. I've put in a few "unbeatable" bids on pipes and have gotten lucky that I didn't get pushed to my max. I'm sure the "winner" will have second thoughts and this pipe will be relisted. :shock:

daveinlax":37rpj46q said:
I don't think this seller consigns otherwise I guess it was a shill bidder. I've put in a few "unbeatable" bids on pipes and have gotten lucky that I didn't get pushed to my max. I'm sure the "winner" will have second thoughts and this pipe will be relisted. :shock:  
^^^^What he said^^^^
:affraid:  :suspect:  :affraid:  :suspect: :affraid:  :suspect:  :affraid:

Yeah I thought it was really strange that it would jump from 400 to 1500 at the end like that.

eBay "bidding exuberance" if I've ever seen it!! "Stupid is as stupid does!!" Wonder if this one gets relisted?? :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":bl3qq5w5 said:
eBay "bidding exuberance" if I've ever seen it!! "Stupid is as stupid does!!" Wonder if this one gets relisted?? :cheers: FTRPLT
If it gets re-listed it will be for MORE than they paid for it and by now no one would go any higher. ( anyone that wants it any way) so they are stuc with a $400.00 pipe that they paid 3 times what its worth !! Stupid is as stupid does. :twisted: :twisted:

On Feb 10 the bids went from $235 to $1,500. There are a lot of people with more money than sense out there. Remember cabbage patch dolls? People were paying $500 for them thirty years ago, and THEY WERE STILL BEING MANUFACTURED!