Why did you choose your online name (handle)?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use eggman because I really like The Beatles. I wanted to use Rocky Raccoon but the first board I signed up for 10+ years ago it was taken. So I picked the next best beatle name. Plus Eggman was a lot better than "Happiness is a warm gun". I use it on every board I am a member of. Sometimes I use differant numbers at the end.

Falconer":h0p4lga5 said:
I have a Dutch last name that translates in English to Falconer. I wonder what Binsbergen means in English? :scratch:
Something about leaving a mountain or from a mountain I think???????? :scratch:
Should ask my dad......... never thought of it,

Ray Nitschke #66 of the old school Green Bay Packers. He had a tremendous passion for the game and was just as tenacious as Butkus. Have always admired him.

Nitschke066":fm7ovwdo said:
Ray Nitschke #66 of the old school Green Bay Packers. He had a tremendous passion for the game and was just as tenacious as Butkus. Have always admired him.
Cool bro, Was wondering about that one!!! :cheers:

"Babysinister" is the gang name of a particularly sleazy minor character in the 90s gangster movie Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead. It just caught my eye.

Its from my Thesis
The Wide Awakes were a groups of Republican/Abolitionist young men who supported Lincoln

I was born and raised in the Bronx NY and my first name is Bill. Someone tagged me as Bronxbill while I was in the Marine Corps and it stuck

Once upon a time I almost opened a restaurant that was to be called Beau or Bo or Le Beau du Bois. I just added pipe to that, I suppose. In French, the name means Handsome Pipe. But it is pronounced as Bo-Peep (as in little...). Probably a commentary on confused gender identity.

Nitschke066":uwszlvat said:
My dad and I had season tickets to the Packers from the late 50's through the 70's, and saw Nitschke (and Horning, and Starr) play several times, every year. I was even at the (in)famous "ice bowl" when poor Dallas froze their paningies off!

Natch

Natch":zlptz7vs said:
Nitschke066":zlptz7vs said:
My dad and I had season tickets to the Packers from the late 50's through the 70's, and saw Nitschke (and Horning, and Starr) play several times, every year. I was even at the (in)famous "ice bowl" when poor Dallas froze their paningies off!

Natch
Very cool Natch! That group would have been amazing to see. I envy you!

When I first registered on the old Knox board, I started with the name "Grabowski" because most of my pipes were Dr. Grabows. One day it occurred to me the name it may give the impression of being an ornery big pro wrestler so I changed to "Ol'Dawg" since I'm a University of Georgia graduate and their mascot is a bulldog. The teams are commonly referred to as "the Dawgs".

Jim

screen name i use in a lot of forums minus the "*". first time i tried to register.................................something went wrong and was not sent a validation.

fly tying, archery, etc.

camoham

The name, of course, comes from what I do. Used the "a" instead of the correct "o" because someone already was using the correct spelling on another site I signed in for. :lol:

Ron A is me, March 5, 1997 is the date of my liver transplant. At the time, they told my family I might live 3 or 4 more days if a liver didn't become available.

Speaking of transplants, has anyone heard from Bulldog Bruce lately? I had his email address but can't find it.

Mine is my middle name, which sounds much cooler (pun) than my first or last names. My parents were fans of Robert Frost.

Nitschke066":bhoriipy said:
Man, anyone old enough to remember Ray Ntiscke and Dick Butkus has some fond memories of the game. To this day I don't think I've seen more intense players. Off the field Ray was a gentile, mild, soft spoken individual. In the game however, he was a vicious monster. The NFL eventually had to change the rules from the way they played. Absolutely NO MERCY!

Sorry, I know I've gotten off the subject a bit but...

Reminds me of an old story I heard about Red Grange. No, I"m not that old! He was famous for putting his head down and plowing ahead into the offensive line. One time he broke through, making a touchdown and hit his nogg'n on the goal post. It knocked him out cold. When he came to he said. "Who was that guy?

RonA3597":aohdt25l said:
Ron A is me, March 5, 1997 is the date of my liver transplant. At the time, they told my family I might live 3 or 4 more days if a liver didn't become available.

Speaking of transplants, has anyone heard from Bulldog Bruce lately? I had his email address but can't find it.
Wow Ron, thats something I did not know, Glad you pulled through all of it and it is great to know that you are my friend!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Cool thread guys . . . .

I picked tin man because it seemed appropriate for a guy collecting a bunch of tins.

LL":t6sbz131 said:
btw, I don't think you are telling quite the whole story, Amy...

:twisted:

All Sherlockians know that Irene Adler was the only woman the misogynistic, pipe-smoking Holmes was ever outsmarted by, and so the only one he ever truly respected and desired. Hmmm... Forum of pipe-smoking men. One woman. Does anyone else detect a bit of playfulness, here?

Whatever do you mean, sir???

:twisted: