Why do i smoke a pipe??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
I was asked this qestion by a gentleman a few weeks ago. Trying to explain to a non pipe smoker they many amazing reason to smoke a pipe or why i do, and have him underatand is not easy to say the least. Try to explaine to a non pipe smoker who probably only know cigarettes about the hundreds of blends and that the tobacco is much more expensive than a cigarette, but you dont or arnt supposed to inhale its a zen relaxing thing. He would look at you funny, well atleast thats what happned to me. To me a pipe is a life style a passion a dieing art form that when i have a pipe the time slows to a crawl worrys disappear. In this calm relaxed state i can really hone in on the sounds of the crickets and the night birds chirping and hear thins see thing that most miss. But with out doing it you might not get it i encouraged him to getba cob cheap and easy to get and try it. I said it has taught me to slow down i sip i and watch the smoke slowly fly away.

Nice one Arky. That pretty much captures why I (and I suspect most other BoBs) enjoy the pipe so much. Let's hope he becomes a brother too.

Richard Burley":l183b7ut said:
Stalin would agree--when he wasn't signing death warrants.  :lol:  :evil:  

"Sorry mom, but you are an insurgent. Uncle Bill, aunt Lou, my dear brothers and long lost sisters, nothing personal...........

Damn, this is a good blend! Hmm......

And you're gone, and you're gone, and you, and you, and.............

Damn, it went out. Lousy blend. Off with their heads!"

:lol!:

2 litres of semi skimmed milk
1 can of Old Spice
3 tins of baked beans
1 packet of Gillette Mach 3
1 tin of Dapper Dan
Frozen chips
Top up card for cell phone
30 denier lace top hold ups, opaque.

Richard Burley":vhlzlirg said:
Stalin would agree--when he wasn't signing death warrants.  :lol:  :evil:  

Notice the box of English cigs that's open on the desk!! :twisted: He consumed tobacco in many forms ! :twisted: :twisted:

I've read that Churchill gifted Stalin with Dunhill pipes and tobacco, but Uncle Joe's custom was to disassemble cigarettes and smoke the tobacco in his pipe.