why no americanpipemakers.com?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
why hasnt anybody come up with this site yet? I have been seeing some great pipes by american carvers here on this forum and some other websites as of late. I see more of the danes on the web and consequently have bought more danish pipes over the last three years. I am interested in the american carvers but i dont think the americans are well represented on the web! I would rather spend my money on good ol' yankee carvers then foreigners any day! am i alone in this sentiment? i personally think this is a good idea. anybody with me? :scratch:

vaperfavour":uh5vgxr2 said:
why hasnt anybody come up with this site yet? I have been seeing some great pipes by american carvers here on this forum and some other websites as of late. I see more of the danes on the web and consequently have bought more danish pipes over the last three years. I am interested in the american carvers but i dont think the americans are well represented on the web! I would rather spend my money on good ol' yankee carvers then foreigners any day! am i alone in this sentiment? i personally think this is a good idea. anybody with me? :scratch:
I agree. I think the best out there right now are American carvers. In a few years we will look back and be in awe that for a few hundred dollars you could have bought a Rad Davis, a Mark Tinsky and the list goes on.

First, The top and most of the middle and bottom tier American carvers all have websites.

But to answer your question, americanpipes.com hasn't been created because either a. No one has thought about it (not true,you just did) or b. No one has felt it was viable enough to invest the duckets to set up a web page, contract for several dozen pipes a piece per year from the various Top tier American carvers, and advertise it.

Another reason as has been shown,American Carvers self market their product. Unless I can sale thousands of them a year why bother. I can't do the European-American importer mark up. Why would anyone buy a 300 buck Tinsky from me when they could go straight to him and buy the same pipe for 200?
I like it the way it is.

Since we are fussin about web sites that aren't. I wish Tonnie Nielson would come up with one. The man lives within spitting distance of me but I have to contact New York or South carolina to buy one of his pipes.