Wife Lost to Netflix

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
So...I get a Military Plan from T Mobile (we have 4 lines on a family plan) for a special rate, plus unlimited everything, plus no taxes, plus free Netflix. My wife has wanted a Roku for some time so for Christmas (Yes Dear) I got her the top “Premium” model. I set it up yesterday. Easy Peasy. Activated all the accounts. Turned it on this morning (she’s home sick today - working from home via her laptop) and we watched The Balled of Buster Skruggs (latest awesome Cohen Bro’s. movie) then I had to go and get her checkbook where she forgot it at an Olive Garden where she and our daughter had dinner on a girls night out thing they cooked up for last night. Hmmm. Olive Garden last night...sick today. Anyway, by the time I got back from getting the checkbook (and I had to stop for some diet caffeine root beer for her too) she’s deeply into some Netflix series...Stranger Things. Oooooooo. Kids, Aliens, Monsters, Parents Going Crazy, Spooky, Scary, Straaaaaaange.

Yeah, I figure I’ve pretty much lost her til...like...Valentine’s Day?

Hoping for the best.

Got ourselves one for christmas and I love it. The Wii stopped offering streaming services so had to get something. I have been able to find some old shows I used to watch as a kid that I haven't seen in years. By the way Stranger Things is a pretty good show.

I can relate currently watching The Crown. Lots of good shows on Netflix.

I am a amazon prime fan and have been devouring Forgotten Weapons lately.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs? Oh boy, that's a wild ride! Half the time I thought I was watching a Terantino flick.

Going out to eat has been risky business for me of late. I guess I'm not used to the heavy processing of food stuffs offered in places with lots of asphalt. My body is never happy with me when I eat out. Never used to bother me before.

Yeah we dumped cable like 4 years ago. If I watch anything it is Netflix or Amazon Prime. Now when I see a TV like in the local B&M show a movie I cringe from all the annoying commercials.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs... Perhaps the best offering I watched in the last 12 months.

Interested to learn of your Military Plan Mr BH. Is that a concession for vets in the States?

Stick":i0k52kb4 said:
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs... Perhaps the best offering I watched in the last 12 months.

Interested to learn of your Military Plan Mr BH. Is that a concession for vets in the States?
Concession = Reward = Good Advertising. (Whatever)

And yeah, for USA active and vets. Doubt they would give it to OTHER armed forces...Mexican Air Force...Austrian Navy...Swiss Coast Guard...Talaban...PLO...Algerian Winter Mountain Battalion...you know.

Blackhorse":4vjkv1yi said:
Stick":4vjkv1yi said:

Concession = Reward = Good Advertising. (Whatever)

And yeah, for USA active and vets.  Doubt they would give it to OTHER armed forces...Mexican Air Force...Austrian Navy...Swiss Coast Guard...Talaban...PLO...Algerian Winter Mountain Battalion...you know.
LOL.  It really highlights the contrast between how Servicemen and women are viewed in the States and the UK.  The culture is very different and to that end we have few concessions of that nature in Blighty.  Generally speaking I think the public perception is vastly different with one noticeable exception; the public of Royal Wooton Bassett who lined the streets each time a fallen Service person was repatriated to the UK and passed through their town, the 'Royal' being bestowed by the Queen in honour of their actions.  I regularly hear examples of Americans saying 'thank you for your Service' on social media and TV but think I can confidently say I've never heard that here in the UK, perhaps because we're not as visible due to not being able to wear uniform in public apart from on formal parades.  But even then, despite the many Remembrance Day parades I was involved in, not one member of the public ever said thanks.  I think us doing our bit was just taken for granted.

Gosh.  Think I've gone a bit off piste there and perhaps started to rant. Enjoy your good advertising BH and I hope your wife turns up real soon ;)

Wife here is also lost to netflix and all the other options for watching movies. Hey, it keeps her happy and outta my hair, so to speak. Happy wife, happy life as they say.
Haven't had TV for going on 10 years or so...I sure don't miss it...got the internet to get news on, got the forums for my social outings.

We really enjoyed the Ballad of Buster Skruggs. My wife is more of a TV hound than I am. However, I really enjoyed Stranger Things, especially the 1st season. Daredevil was great too, and I am not one for the super hero series stuff.

If you have Amazon Prime, Homecoming is pretty compelling, so is The Americans and The Romanoffs.

Oh, BTW. Netflix? Has she seen the movie Bandersnatch? An interactive flick where you make choices for the characters. Several potential endings, multiple permutations of story line. Keep your remote in hand to choose.

Ozark Wizard":821xmi2b said:
Oh, BTW. Netflix? Has she seen the movie Bandersnatch? An interactive flick where you make choices for the characters. Several potential endings, multiple permutations of story line. Keep your remote in hand to choose.
I recently read about that one. Pretty cool. In the 70’s there were books that we designed in that fashion, with different endings depending on choices you made in the plot line.

DrumsAndBeer":ddg7xp9f said:
Ozark Wizard":ddg7xp9f said:
I recently read about that one. Pretty cool. In the 70’s there were books that we designed in that fashion, with different endings depending on choices you made in the plot line.
I remember those books.... Dungeons and Dragons?

Ozark Wizard":pp963vht said:
Watched it last night, pretty interesting. Have to go back and try all the options and see if the ending changes.

"I remember those books.... Dungeons and Dragons?"

Believe those were called "choose your own adventure" books, and yes I do remember a series made in partnership with TSR. As a child they were far and away my favorite CYOA books. :afro:

I read a few of those as a kid. My fav was one where you were time traveling to get a picture of the Red Baron