Williams Mug Soap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
After hearing that they had stopped production I decided to check into this. My guess is whoever worked at the pharmacy doesn’t know the difference between stopping production and their shop just not carrying it anymore.  Anyway here is the email I finally got concerning Williams Mug Soap.  

My apologies for the size

Jim

Yea! Where does one get it now as Wallgreens does not stock it !! Nor does CVS which is the other drugstore here in town !! Any idea ? :twisted:

monbla256":r06jd1au said:
Yea! Where does one get it now as Wallgreens does not stock it !! Nor does CVS which is the other drugstore here in town !! Any idea ? :twisted:
Apparently any place other than Walgreen's or CVS. Google it. Can't believe this soap is worth a dang, compared to others. Maybe I should try it. Love going retro. Just discovered Clubman aftershave recently.

Michael, according to their website you can order from Just for Men, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Wegmans, Hy-Vee, SuperValue, PharmaPaks, Fred's and supposedly Walgreens still carries it but you may have to order it online from them.

Richard, Williams was my first shave soap. Its not got a fancy smell but it lathers more reliably than some of the higher dollar soaps do. Especially in Very hard water. I've had expensive soaps refuse to lather or lather and then completely collapse when using hard water. Never had that happen with Williams. I still have a few old pucks around for when I run out of Arko.

Jim

monbla256":h12e58vv said:
With this thread's title I knew Mr Monbla would make an appearance!

Richard Burley":3ygmhwkx said:
monbla256":3ygmhwkx said:
Apparently any place other than Walgreen's or CVS. Google it. Can't believe this soap is worth a dang, compared to others. Maybe I should try it. Love going retro. Just discovered Clubman aftershave recently.
I wasn't happy with the slickness of any can foam I tried. Williams was $.99 (I think it is $1.09 now), so I thought I'd give it a try. Didn't have a brush or mug or anything. Lathered it in my hands like hand soap. It was slick enough that it piqued my interest in shaving soaps. It dried my face out something fierce, so I knew it wasn't the answer for me, but it did tell me I should look further into the soap thing.

My military acquaintances tell me they sell Williams in the PXs.

huffelpuff":5mwlimjy said:
Michael, according to their website you can order from Just for Men, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Wegmans, Hy-Vee, SuperValue, PharmaPaks, Fred's and supposedly Walgreens still carries it but you may have to order it online from them.

Richard, Williams was my first shave soap. Its not got a fancy smell but it lathers more reliably than some of the higher dollar soaps do. Especially in Very hard water. I've had expensive soaps refuse to lather or lather and then completely collapse when using hard water. Never had that happen with Williams. I still have a few old pucks around for when I run out of Arko.

Jim
I'll have to check at a few other Walgreens in town as well as giving the two wally worlds here a try. Thanks! I've got around 20 pucks in the cupboard and since I shave only once a week they should last awhile but it never hurts to have more ! :twisted: :twisted: