Willow chalice

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score

Almost lost my pinky makeing this one.  Hit a knot and the chisel slammed back and hit my pinky.  Safety safety!!!!
I did.nothing wrong but even if you don't things happen.

Arky, very nicely done!! Your getting real good with a lathe. Just make sure your tools are always sharp, but if you hit a knot there is not much you can do about it. Your lucky you did not badly damage your finger!! Now just finish it with a mixture of Bee's wax and mineral oil and you can drink from it. Appreciate you posting pictures.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

You know what, your wife is right. Those you can make good money on for sure. Finished URNS for pets sell well and you can engrave the animals name to make it more personal. Good luck.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Well thank you for the words of kindness. Idk what I can and can't sell on this forum but I'll posy some stuff.for sale.

You can also make and sell your urns on eBay. Many ways of selling them online.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I've sold a few knives but set a reserve price. Also purchased a few Estate pipes and restored them. A few I kept and others I sold back on eBay. There is money to be made!!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

You can sell them on here. With eBay there are to many fee's. Also set up a PayPal account. Good luck making your pipes, keep up the craft, you keep getting better :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Show them what your capable of doing and sell at a reasonable price. They will buy.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Make your own custom corn cob pipes. Those would sell easy if made correctly. There are a few custom pipe makers that recently started making poker and chimney cobs. Allot of fun and very profitable.
Good luck :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

LOL, I just noticed that my "post" I did from my phone the other day didn't go through! :shock:  So let's try this again. Looks good there. Always keep the tools sharp to help minimize tool bites in wood/knots. Also, I haven't tried the bees wax and mineral oil finish before as I normally use mineral oil with canning paraffin wax melted in. Same concept and the paraffin is easier to get from what I've seen in this area.