Willow pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
Has any other email smoked a willow pipe I just spun a willow bowl on the lathe and I like it up know but I'll show pics when done if possible

My father and grandfather always used the smaller leaf branches of the willow for making vegetable and fruit baskets for use in the garden.

I have a friend who makes bamboo fly rod with sections of wood splined together to make a continuous reel seat with one of the wood interconnected to the bamboo butt section, I sent him 2 different willow varieties (Weeping and Black) from my property in western Maine next to the NH border and White Mountain National Forest, he made a bamboo rod for me using some of it.

I know willow takes a long time to dry guessing due to it loving to live in wet areas. You may want to check and see if it has and properties that may be harmful if used to smoke with since not all woods make for safe smoking pipes, willow can have some nice grain though, regards.
banjo

I did it is taken for headache and pain relief so when I smoke the pipe it strangely helps with pain relief but it is good

Very interesting information, thanks. Enjoy it and hope you don't need to because of either pain or a headache.
banjo

arkansaspiper":3lbh2dmb said:
I did it is taken for headache and pain relief so when I smoke the pipe it strangely helps with pain relief but it is good