Wingsuit flying stunt

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is off the hook cool!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YL9sNrOlK-I" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Cheers,

RR

That's some precision flying right there! :affraid: :affraid:

Beyond cool; it looks downright cold to me. Wonder why they did it over that terrain, with the downdrafts and all that to contend with? More importantly, what brand of whiskey were they drinking?

I can't get that video to work. Probably something to do with the new Firefox and plug-in compatibility with the board, but I think I know the gist of what you folks are seeing. It's an entire sport. Heck, Redbull sponsors a bunch of these guys, as well as GoPro. As you can imagine, people die all the time doing this. The pros, the guys who do this everyday. 60 Minutes has done at least one segment on this sport. All those interviewed that I've seen subscribe to fatalism. They'd die in that moment, whether doing this or laying in bed. I guess you sort of have to believe that, because they all seem to know someone who has died, or even been there when someone died. One of those sports that is a deathwish, but better to die doing something they love.

On the intro shots, it looks like a previous attempt went afoul when the flyer crashed into the door. But he must not have been hurt enough to prevent trying it again.

Did anyone else wonder if running into that spinning prop might be an issue?

Those guys have more guts than brains, methinks!

:shock:

Cheers,

RR