Quantcast

wish list for chicago pipe show

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

vaperfavour

Reaction score
im not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but here goes anyway...! i think it would be interesting to hear of other members wish list for thee show of shows. i would have to say my wish list includes an eltang briar calabash, oh god how i want one!! doesnt matter the style i.e., sandblast or smooth! also looking to pick up a michael lindner. i dont have any of his pipes yet but hoping i will be able to pick one up this year. all i am looking for tobacco wise is to pick up as many tins of pcca beacon as i can afford! watch out guys i coming to show this year with mucho grande, ive been saving for three months for this years show. i cant wait :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :!:

Winslow

Reaction score
I too,have built a war chest for this show of shows.I find I must have a plan and stick to it or I'll just run amok.A couple of years ago I came home with a bad case of buyers remorse,sitting there looking at my new pipes and asking myself if I had
not lost my mind.Why did you buy this one?What the hell posessed you?I ran around the tables like a fawn in a forest fire.Oh Man!
This year I need some fittings for a couple of my meers,perhaps a new Ardor,like
to pick up a Radice Bark bent Rhodesian,a Ser Jac or Rinaldo bent Rhodesian or Author with nice silverwork on the shank.
Since I am lucky to live a 30 minute drive from the show,I'm going to be there several days and must pace myself.A thousand dollars can be gone in a heartbeat
at that show.

Winslow

Ron

Reaction score
It's hard not to get caught up in buying things that catch you by surprise because you have never seen the maker before or a shape just calls you.
I totally agree about the Eltang Calabash...would love one. I have one that was commissioned with Kurt Huhn that is pretty nice...not an Eltang, but not bad.
A few that I'll be looking for are Cookes, Buteras, Tatums, Talberts and a Thilo morta. Of course I'm always on the look-out for an "affordable" Sixten or Nordh, etc., but am not holding my breath either.

docwatson

Reaction score
My wish list includes selling about 100 pipes from Ardor Magnum, Dunhill patents, Radice Collections, and investing the funds in tobacco. :lol:

scottyb

Reaction score
I rarely buy pipes at shows anymore, but am always on the lookout for tins of Sullivan Powell, Charatan English Mixture and Three Nuns.