Wonderful Smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I can't say enough about Wilke briars. I have about a half dozen of them and every one odf them are superb smokers. All are 50+ years old and reasonably priced pieces. If you want to build your rotation in an affordable fashion, you can't go wrong with a Wilke.

Any other Wilke smokers out there?

I picked up 2 estates from Ed Burak about 8 yrs ago when I was in N.Y. I've smoked his Scottish Ribbon in one and a couple of bowls of english in the other. You've made me put them on the list to smoke this week. Thanx Bill.

Funn

I have 4 Wilkes, two which I recently obtained from IrishLefty, a fine seller and refurbisher, and two which I traded for years ago. The latter two Wilkes were 1/2 bents carved by past Wilke employee Steve Johnson, former Dunhill rep and excellent carver of his own pipes. These latter two pipes are a calabash in briar and a plateau top. I only go into detail because I initially thought of Wilkes as classic but routinely shaped pipes, solid smokers but not very exciting.