Woo Hooooooooooooooo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

behindbars1544

Reaction score
Well for once luck was on my side today. Long story short, when my wife & I bought our first home 3 years ago we ended up with one of those shitty sub-prime mortgages and we’ve been fighting to keep our home ever since. Well about a year after moving in things went from bad to worse. My wife lost her job, was injured in a slip & fall and had to have surgery to her knee and we were behind on the mortgage. To try and keep food on the table I ended up selling most of my pipe collection including about a dozen Boswell’s which as most of you know is my favorite maker. There was one gentleman who bought 9 of them from me in one shot. Well while I was searching e-bay for Boswells lo and behold there was one of my pipes and not only any pipe but my very first Boswell that I purchased new back in 1993. I contact him and found out that due to personal troubles he was selling most of his collection.
After some negotiating this morning (more like begging) I’m getting that pipe plus 2 more that I sold him back. I can’t tell you how happy I am and how grateful I am to him for selling them back to me. Here are the original pictures that I took for e-bay when I sold them:

Beautiful Boswells there... you're lucky to get them back.

Like Peaches & Herb said: Reunited, and it feels so good.

Man! What luck to get some of your old pipes back, especially such nice ones. :pipe:

great luck,,,having good friends back home,,,congratulations,,,,

Nice going! It's a great feeling to be united with pipes you love. Yesterday I found my Heeschen bent "P" after not seeing it for 5 months. I had left it in the driver's side door storage our my motor home. Not as eventful as your story, but I'm sure the feeling is similar.

Jim

I am glad to hear that you got your pipes back!

But boy it stinks that many of our brethren are suffering financially though. Let's hope that our economy picks up soon.

That is fantastic. I kinda know how you feel. When I first started back with pipes I missed my GND Sauvage I had years ago. Then I found one just like it at Panther Pipes and bought it. A few days later they shut down their website. Man am I glad I bought that pipe. :cheers: