Workshop window fan installed!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
Thanks to Corncobcon and Blackhorse last month for the idea of installing a window fan to solve my rainy day blues. From unpacking to install took about 15 minutes. However, this window never had a screen on it, so the first time a wasp came in to investigate I knew I had to get a screen up quick. Making a custom screen was a little more involved - hopefully  that's it for my limited handyman skills this year!

Anyhow, I now have a nice corner in the workshop to enjoy a pipe on those rainy, cold days.

You are doubtless correct, Philly, since smoke wafts upward, it would be more efficient to pull from the top. I'm just happy to enjoy as is for now without any further fuss - it has been a huge "quality of life" improvement. Anybody else out there thinking along these lines I highly recommend as an inexpensive solution, and install on top if possible. I may do so in the future, who knows.

Hey...cool! And that’s exactly the kind of fan I used. You just need to have an inlet for air to draw from somewhere behind you.

It’s funny...when my mom was still alive she could never understand me putting an evac fan in a window at the far end of the house and opening the window in my bedroom. Of course the cool night air was drawn into my bedroom...and on toward the exit fan. Talk about old school. I used to think she was mentally challenged...maybe she was. At least that would explain MY situation.

Well, it’s nice to see at least one bro here. Everyone else must be hiding out in the Bomb Shelter Bar. New place that opened just a while ago. Kinda weird...barstools are all 6’ apart.