World Cup anyone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
It's a pretty big deal down here. Even though México isn't a powerhouse, they managed to overcome the formidable squad from Cameroon. They'll need all of their newfound confidence as the face Brazil next week.  :lol: 

Any of the brothers out there following?

I can't get into it, I think mainly because I wasn't exposed to it when growing up.

I try to watch as many games as I can, no matter what countries are playing. I love the World Cup.

Not much of a football fan but I have noted that in the USA the ABC TV networks are really pushing it. I still don't care much and their blatant promotion of it makes me even less interested.

I hope the US team does well but I'd rather see the England squad win (not likely).

No doubt that it's all about the merchandising. FIFA is actually the 20th biggest world economy!  :shock: 

USA vs. Ghana I believe at 5pm Central.

It's hard for me to actually sit down an watch a complete game myself as I rarely have an hour and a half free during the day.

With me being a Scotsman and Scotland failed to qualify, I support any team thats playing England! :twisted: 

Heart breaking last second shot by Portugal!!!!

The boy and I have watched every game this week.

I tuned in the other night and happened to be lucky
enough to see the first goal for Honduras in over 30 years.   :lol: 

I watched the US match tonight (all ten hours of it).   ;) 
All that runnin' 'round for a tie.   :tongue:

I know why they yell GOOOOOOOOOL!!!
It's so ya wake up to watch the replay.  :lol!: 

I love baseball, but there is nothing more tense, agonizing and exciting than watching the US play every 4 years.

yeah, I am paying attention, especially to the US team. I get excited about our national teams :)

rev

Late to the thread, but I'm a big soccer fan.  I follow a handful of clubs in European leagues, and absolutely love the World Cup.  I'm pulling for the US, of course, but I've never been able to get into our domestic league (MLS is just tough to watch).  With the US not heavily favored, and the English already out, I think I'll probably end up pulling for the Dutch and Belgians once the US is eliminated.

Not much of a soccer fan.

Okay, I realize there's a tremendous amount of athleticism involved and those guys can run for days, but from a casual viewer stand point even baseball is more action-packed than soccer.  :sleep:

Drums, are you kidding? futball is the most exciting sport there is....
Tremendous strategy, the constant flow, the teams struggling with one another and the solo battles.

It's kick ball. It's what we played in grade school until we were big enough for tackle football.

Yeah PB, I am afraid so. I just can't watch it. It's dreadfully drawn out.

Hats off to the athletes that are good enough to play soccer at the World Cup level. I played AYSO for 7 years and it was grueling. I loved it, it was fun, but I can't get excited about watching soccer.

In 1994, I went to Brazil vs. USA at Stanford Stadium. We had a great time and it was really fun. But being there amongst all the mayhem was a must, we're talking 80,000 plus here. I believe there was just one goal scored the entire time. An electric atmosphere for sure but I can't say I would have felt the same about watching the same game on the tele..

Puff Daddy":pb7n774q said:
It's kick ball. It's what we played in grade school until we were big enough for tackle football.
 :lol!:  You call that a hard game with all the fancy padding you wear :lol!: 

A tough game is Rugby!