World Series 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
KC can play better ball than that. I know they can. I want them to. Good baseball is great for everyone.

8)

I'd rather see the Giants win... We are only 1 team away from the 
Royals  (St. Louis..) and I don't want all the asshats wearing KC hats and whatnot swearing they've always been KC Fans.. 

And hearing Lorde sing Royals over all the World Series Highlights would suck monkey butt...

Giants in four and done with it, see you in Florida.

I don't have the Cardinals to root against this year, so I don't really have a dog in the fight...I think it would be good for baseball if KC won though.

Game 2 is a perfect example of Royals play! Great defense, lights out pitching a huge rallies that blow the game open. And a little shouting patch with the other team's pitcher doesn't hurt either :lol: .....they are still talking about that on the local news this morning

Giants fans are a bit pissed at Strickland for that little tantrum he had on the field.

Yak sent me this:

---------------------------

Rule 8.61: "If you are a rookie pitcher, do not mouth off to an opposing player on national television when trailing in a World Series game."

"(a) Especially if you have less than 15 innings of major league experience."

"(b) And you just gave up your fifth home run of the postseason."

"(c) And the home run was to Omar Freaking Infante."

"(d) Seriously. Don't do it.''

-----------------------------

Sums everything up nicely. Strickland better undouche himself a little and play ball.

Because sudden KC fans "forever," like PeeB said, would be highly irritating, as well, come to think of it. :lol:

8)

Now that my pirates are out of the race, I'm behind KC all the way. They play great baseball and are extremely well managed! They can pitch, move runners, and have a few guys who can provide some power if need be. Definitely would like to see them take this thing!

You could spend hours breaking down the Giants pitching staff (minus Bumgarner) and holding forth on their weaknesses, but Royals fans like to just say:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RM6Dywb4ux4" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

:lol:

Since both teams are obviously capable, on to a seven-game series we go!

This has been a great match-up.

8)

Interesting stat they just quoted... 8 in 10 of the last ten teams to come home down 3-2 went on to win both games 6/7.

Not that stats mean much in baseball. ;)

It's been an interesting series. One team plays baseball, the other plays softball. Then they switch themes the next game. :lol: If stats mean anything, the Giants will probably eek out a win on game seven from this alone.

I love my Jints, I dig KC, but one point of agreement has to be this has been an emotional roller coaster for all.

Plus, Bumgarner has impressed the hell out of me. Kid's gone from being a kid to a hell of a pitcher.

This has been the best series in recent memory. If KC loses tonight the city could very well go up in flames and I'm not joking. People here are getting pretty crazy. There are a lot of fair weather fans for sure.

No matter what happens tonight it is going to be a great game. I'm looking forward to seeing the Mad Bum come out of the bullpen....or maybe starting. I think he could easily throw a solid 50-60 pitches. He has been lights out this post season.

scotties22":0y5mhl94 said:
This has been the best series in recent memory.  If KC loses tonight the city could very well go up in flames and I'm not joking.  People here are getting pretty crazy.  There are a lot of fair weather fans for sure.

No matter what happens tonight it is going to be a great game.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Mad Bum come out of the bullpen....or maybe starting.  I think he could easily throw a solid 50-60 pitches.  He has been lights out this post season.
Considering Madison pitched game five all by his lonesome, he's probably good for more than that... even our old man Hudson has been doing great. If whiny Timmy and mouthy Strickland are kept on the bench, the Jints may have a chance. It's all going to hinge on who gets the luck tonight, who finds the gaps, catches (or doesn't catch) the ball, and ultimately, which will triumph: determination or experience?

KC fans are awesome, the Royals are a great ball club, I really hope the unsettled jerks don't burn the town down. I rather like Kansas City. Fair weather fans are horrible wearing any colors. :lol:

"So this is what it would be like if two Wildcard teams played the World Series..." -- an older guy at the Tinder Box who hadn't watched baseball since 1977...or thereabouts.

8)

Bumgarner in the game with a one run lead... He either shuts them down, or is not the same because of the short rest. Let's go Royals!

Best game of the series.

The Royals almost had it. I was almost rooting for 'em.

8)

Wow.....Bumgarner is amazing :cheers:

I think the "Let's Go Royals" chant that could still be heard over an hour AFTER the game was over sums it up for everyone here in KC. We will not dwell on the loss. Rather use it as a catalyst for next season. We have a great group of young players that will be back next year. They will be extremely hungry and looking to make another great October run. I can't wait!

My 4 1/2 year old daughter is already making plans for her 5th birthday (April 7th)....we are going to a Royals game. :D