World Series Trophy - Up Close and Personal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
My room-mate for three year in university (Acadia) in Nova Scotia sent me an email picture of him and the missus with the WS Trophy.

Jim Prime co-authored a book with Ted Williams and his current book is co-authored with Bill "Spaceman" Lee. The Red Sox Nation lobbied to get the trophy to Nova Scotia because of the many fans there. It became a reality the last few days...

Eat your hearts out Yankees and Indians...

:D Paul

I remember Lee pitching in the World Series against the Reds in 1975. In the 8th or 9th inning, Reds got a leadoff double and the manager pulled him out. I always thought he could have won the game but the relievers lost it.

Yoo CP, not many managers have confidence in lefties at Fenway. Your memory is good... better than mine for sure.

That is causing a great debate of acquiring Santana (lefty) for the Red Sox over the past couple of months. I think they should do it and they could with one phone call as GM Smith of the Twins has said, but the Sox are hestitating... not for the salary or cost, but putting Ellsbury and Lester in the same package. It's either or...
:D Paul