worst candy?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I'm guessing it would have to go to something like Jelly Bellies that taste like vomit, farts, rotted fish, or whatever they've concocted for game purposes (eyes closed, what does THIS taste like?). I'm going to nominate something that has been around since the middle 1950s, but is new to me. Haribo Piratos black licorice coins. Mind you, I don't mind black licorice or sweet/salty//sour/salty candy at all. I quite like it. But these don't really taste like salt to me, but a saltishy chemical with very little licorice or sweetness. Having a substantial sweet tooth, I don't think I'll even keep them around for a rare shot in case I don't have anything else readily available. I had a couple, and now they're headed for the trash. Maybe if I'd grown up eating them I'd find them interesting or something. Not I, me hearties.

AlphaWarrior

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the tequila suckers with the worm inside.

s-l400.jpg

Other than that, candy is like pizza for me, even bad pizza is good pizza. Favorite candy is Chick o Stick or Butterfinger or Butterfinger peanut butter cups.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the tequila suckers with the worm inside.

View attachment 4832

Other than that, candy is like pizza for me, even bad pizza is good pizza. Favorite candy is Chick o Stick or Butterfinger or Butterfinger peanut butter cups.

I figure that by the time you get to the worm…you don’t care.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Favorites I can do. Candy that I HATE? Not sure there IS any. Well, maybe Twizlers…that twisted rope of fake licorice that is the consistency of garden hose and sticks between your teeth like road tar.

The good stuff?

Snickers. (The original kind.)
TWIX.
Tootsie Roll Pops (Cherry & Orange…not chocolate)
GOOD licorice (Scottie Dogs, Darrell Lea, Wiley Wallaby…and a few others…most Aussie stuff is pretty good.)
Pocky sticks. (If you don’t know what they are - look it up. Just know there’s about 50 flavors at the right stores)
Turtles. You know, caramel, nougat & pecans covered in milk chocolate.)
Toffee. (The kind covered with chocolate and nuts.)
Big Hunk (Candy bar thing that’s sticky peanut butter nougat imbedded with peanuts.)
Hershey’s chocolate bar with Almonds.
Jelly Belly (Way fun to blend flavors).

That’s ten. That’s enough.

D.L.Ruth

Reaction score
Worst would have to be candy corn and circus peanuts. Other than that I'm a candy junkie

Timbo

Reaction score
Don't remember any bad sweets as a kid here in Aus, what I do remember is what we call cobbers. A hard caramel square about half an inch wide and a quarter of an inch high coated in chocolate. I used to get 20 cents worth (20 lollies) as a kid on my way to school and munch on them throughout the day. These days I doubt you'd be able to get one for twenty cents.

eggman

Reaction score
Candy corn is the candy I can't stand. Just the smell of candy corn makes me blow chunks.