Wouldn't you know it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
For years at the traps I've shot Orphan Annie, my 1926 Parker SC single barrel trap gun.  Even though somebody somewhere down the line for some horrible unknown reason lopped a little over 6" of her 34" barrel, she still breaks targets with regularity, or at least as well as her operator can ;) ...

GDmsxHcl.jpg

But earlier this year I came across this Ithaca Knick, c. 1929.  As much as I love ol' Annie I've always really liked the Ithaca SBT's, and these later Knickerbocker models are pretty much the creme de la creme in vintage trap guns.  This one's a grade 5, beautiful condition, original length 32" barrel...

DZKq9Pil.jpg

I've only had the chance to get the new gun to the range a couple times but I'm pretty sure there's a love affair blooming there, and my son-in-law is pretty sure he's in love with Annie and enjoys shooting with me, so it's all good...EXCEPT...with the virus stuff going on the gun club is closed until further notice.  So :evil: *%@#**!

Great looking guns. But how do you prepare your clay pigeons? No matter how long I marinate, soak or grill slow and low I can never get them good and tender.

eggman":i983qc3z said:
Great looking guns. But how do you prepare your clay pigeons? No matter how long I marinate, soak or grill slow and low I can never get them good and tender.
:fpalm: you have to boil them :fpalm:

D.L.Ruth":vvnzi455 said:
eggman":vvnzi455 said:
Well darn, that's what I've been doing wrong. I have been letting them soak in saltwater in the fridge overnight and then wrapping them in bacon and soaking them in Italian or French dressing. Then grilling them or smoking them. Nothing has really worked yet. :lol!:

D.L.Ruth":o8ria5ux said:
eggman":o8ria5ux said:

...in molten lava...it breaks down the ceramic til it’s downright tender!

:lol: :lol: :lol: These guys!

Really nice looking shotguns. I haven't shot trap in years, and I have nothing so nice to shoot. But I am always looking at those single barrels.