WOW, that was rough!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
Well, ladies and gents, I'm happy to say I'm alive! Okay, that's a little melodramatic but after yesterday, it is something I am grateful for. I have come to find out over the years that MANY people suffer from migraines. I tend to have one or two per year. These are what I call minor or normal migraines usually. Give you a headache, maybe seeing a few white spots, and generally crappy feeling. These migraines I can usually work through and deal with. Yesterday, for the second time in my life, I had what is called a hemiplegic migraine. The first time I had one of these was about four years.

OH MAN! I would not mind one bit if it didn't happen again for another 4 years... or never! More than the normal white spots, I literally could not see anything on the face of my phone while I was staring at it. I would look at one of my pets and not be able to see them. I couldn't keep any food down which also meant I couldn't keep any pain meds down. The scariest part of hemiplegic migraines is that part of your body can go numb. So I lost feeling in my hands and forearms, which happened the last time I had this too. Anyway, these are a rare form of migraine and I will be praying that I never have to experience that again! No bone break, sprain, or muscle pull has ever come close to the pain I was in yesterday.

I'm dealing with a few remnants of the pain today but it is MUCH better. If this ever happens again, I will be headed to a doctor for an MRI and scans.

Now, here is to a much better weekend haha! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Kate, glad you feel somewhat better today!! So, don't wait for a next episode, you should see a Dr next week. A Catscan with contrast will show what's going on. No reason for you to suffer with pain and loss of vision.
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy a few pipes. All the best to you.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Glad you made it through. I used to get those myself, until a nice doctor removed the growth in my head. Or maybe he left the tumor and took the brain, I forget.....

Anyhoo, take it easy, and ride it through. Hope you feel better soon!

K- Yikes!

Yes, what Ted said- get thee to a Doc and get a scan asap before you have another serious episode. Glad you're feeling better. I can't imaging being in that kind of debilitating pain.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks guys! I plan on setting up a doctors appointment this coming week if they have any slots available!

I treat people experiencing debilitating migraines with Ketorolac intramuscular injectable 60mg. They are back to normal in about 20 minutes. Maybe you can get a script for that for emergencies.

AW

I get the same type of migraine from time to time. It's no picnic. I'm currently dealing with a two-week old headache that I caught from something or someone here in Kenya. I can function mostly, but goodness is it annoying.

AlphaWarrior":khbkb5cl said:
I treat people experiencing debilitating migraines with Ketorolac intramuscular injectable 60mg. They are back to normal in about 20 minutes. Maybe you can get a script for that for emergencies.

AW
Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into that!

joshoowah":flsv1a0q said:
I get the same type of migraine from time to time. It's no picnic. I'm currently dealing with a two-week old headache that I caught from something or someone here in Kenya. I can function mostly, but goodness is it annoying.
I'm sorry you get them too! They are terrible! I hope you get over your headache soon.

I was thinking also, you might want to have your eyes checked. If your vision is good, you may want to look at the lighting and the ergonimics of the way you are working on your pipes. Strain and pain from small tedious work can trigger migraines.

Hopefully you never have to go through this again! Definitely see the Dr asap and get this treated as it can be caused by very serious
issues. Good luck and keep us posted (we worry ya know)!

Jim

I'm sorry to learn of your affliction and hope that you find relief from it. It's surprising how much potential helpful information is available on an 'umble message board. What helps one person may not help another, but you have to begin with possibilities.  Good luck.