Wow!!! Where did my money go?!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean73

Reaction score
Hey Gentlemen!

Dean from Japan here...

I just recieved my tabacco order from Boswells. Yummy Vanilla Cream, Chocolate Cream, Penn Dutch Treat, and Boswell's Best. An order of $30.00 American. I got a beautiful pipe too....a nice rusticated bent with the bottom of a shotgun shell as a band on the stem. (Looks really nice!!!)

On with the story: In Japan, customs opens every package that comes into the country. I had never been charged for tabacco coming here before. Maybe this is because I have only gotten a few oz of tabacco at a time. Well, I ordered about a pound and a half of tabacco and got hit for an additional 4800 yen. That is about a $46.00 customs bill....more than I paid for the tabacco!!!! OUCH! :(

I have to check about how much I can order before customs starts charging me an arm and a leg.

What will happen when I start to order tins????

Ouch! Do they sock you just for the tobac, or pipe and everything, as in total retail purchase? I'm clueless about Japanese customs.

Look on the bright side bro, I live right down the street from boswells, and his shotgun pipes go for 80 bucks alone...and a lb of tobacco runs 30+ bucks.....you got a deal compared to u.s. prices!

Welcome to living in Japan!! We used to get empty boxes (sent from relatives, friends, etc.) in the states delivered to us while living there! The local customs inspectors "confiscated" the contents as not being allowed into Japan!! You know, clothing, sunglasses, makeup, games, packaged foods; all that dangerous stuff! Gee, and I thought we won the war!! :lol!: FTRPLT