Writers?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeBrew

Reaction score
Anyone here a writer? I enjoy writing poems, lyrics, I have a novel in progress, I am thinking of starting a screenplay, and I like to write short stories as well.

:pipe: :farao:

I have had the spirit move me to write a few times. Something short usually. I would not call myself a writer though.

I'm not sure what the definition of 'writer' is, but I write in a journal everyday. I posted a prose-ish type poem prayer one time here but the guys embarrassed me so bad I'll never do that again.

puros_bran":ftag2dq8 said:
I'm not sure what the definition of 'writer' is, but I write in a journal everyday. I posted a prose-ish type poem prayer one time here but the guys embarrassed me so bad I'll never do that again.
I think, in this area, PB was embarrassed in the since of being bashful. It was an excellent writing and post. I, for one, wouldn't want to discourage anyone from sharing his or her writing.

It is a real talent.

:D Paul

I write and do photography for an off-road publication called Dust Magazine. It is a magazine dedicated to off-road motorcycle racing published in So. Cal...last year I covered about 5 races for them and had around 30 photos published with some of my writing as well.

Does that count?

Brant

I used to love writing short stories. I wrote a one page piece recentluy for my brothers who complained I have not written in years ( time constraints have hung up my spurs, so to speak)

A pararaph is almost always forming in my head on any given day...and then it is gone.

:lol:

Have to confess I write as well. Mainly outdoor stuff &, gulp, poetry.

I'm getting my MFA in writing with a concentration in poetry. Not exactly a get-rich-quick plan, but I had my first reading in the city this year, and my first paying work this month.

I used to write, but not much these days...other than homework that is...probably written a hundred pages so far this year in homework.
I'm thinking of starting a novel soon, but I don't know...we'll see how it turns out :oops:

I write in a journal sometimes as well puros, though when I write in my journal I use old timey dip pen and ink...my handwriting looks even more hideous doing this but it's fun :D

I do a lot of song writing to go along with the guitar licks i've conjured up. I also enjoy poems and writing about little bits of wisdom that i've learned over the years.

I took several writing classes in college, and several classes on line. I can't follow their structured regime so I started winging it, I write down little blurbs of memory and ideas in a notebook when they come to me and piece it together. I've had several short stories published,all hunting and fishing comedic satire. Get most of my inspiration from hunting with my buddies,their wives, stuff we did as kids, and dogs. Never be ashamed of your poetry, I'm not smart enough to write it, so I can appreciate the people who can. When I try I never get past the line about nantucket.

Just having returned from PEI (Prince Edward Island) and completing The Collectors by David Baldacci which I enjoyed thoroughly while on vacation, I've started Empire Falls by Russo which won the Pulitzer Prize and turning into a super read. Of course it fits right in with living in Maine where the story takes place. Hope everyone is enjoying a good summer read also,
Regards Andy
:D :D

I have a degree in English and journalism. So I guess I could be considered "trained," to a certain extent. I dabble with prose, am considering a screenplay, write special interest stuff (mostly on fly fishing) for the local paper, and dabble with the poem.

Regarding the script/screenplay: I am considering re-searching a football game that took place in the mid 1950's in Anchorage, Alaska. One team was just the local high school team (of which, at that time, there was only one) and an all-star team from Texas. It was called the "Snow Bowl," for obvious reasons. I talked to a guy who played in this game and his story BLEW ME AWAY. We'll see how it pans out, but it has a lot of potential, due to the historical context and the stories surrounding the way that this game evolved into a reality.

Sounds like a really interesting piece of work and I'd love to know when it's published. Good luck with the challenge.
Doc

I journal almost every day when I am at work. I have penned a few songs and I have started roughing out a book on collecting. However I would not qualify myself as a writer.
Dan

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: