Writers?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I write incident reports at work.For example;

At 11:05PM Mechanic Smith stated that he was trained to kill and would kill
everyone in the Post Office.I told him that such language was unacceptable
and that I would summon the authorities.He replied "Fuck You".And so on..........

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":d6xbh4uw said:
I write incident reports at work.For example;

At 11:05PM Mechanic Smith stated that he was trained to kill and would kill
everyone in the Post Office.I told him that such language was unacceptable
and that I would summon the authorities.He replied "Fuck You".And so on..........

Winslow :sunny:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Waaaay better than my incident reports...I only have to do them when an employee or customer gets hurt...last time it was a 95 yr old woman who just bout keeled over in my store an wound up on the floor an not very responsive...past first aid/EMT training kicked in...plus I loved how everyone was saying "call 911" and my employees look at me, and one says "you're the manager on duty, you do it"...thanks guys... :lol!:

I used to write a lot, but lately I've found myself in a bit of a drought. I still play my songs occasionally, but it's few and far between.

I write poety from time to time but most of my time when i can get around to it is spent in basic arts .. painting sculpting and genral studio stuff.. i miss it being in the military and living in a 9x 14 foot room i cant do as much except draw in my sketchbooks. but i hope to take my sculpting background and sometime give my shot at sculpting/carving a few pipes.

Trout Bum":x4fgr1l7 said:
I have a degree in English and journalism. So I guess I could be considered "trained," to a certain extent. I dabble with prose, am considering a screenplay, write special interest stuff (mostly on fly fishing) for the local paper, and dabble with the poem.

Regarding the script/screenplay: I am considering re-searching a football game that took place in the mid 1950's in Anchorage, Alaska. One team was just the local high school team (of which, at that time, there was only one) and an all-star team from Texas. It was called the "Snow Bowl," for obvious reasons. I talked to a guy who played in this game and his story BLEW ME AWAY. We'll see how it pans out, but it has a lot of potential, due to the historical context and the stories surrounding the way that this game evolved into a reality.
I'd recommend the book Screenplay: The Foundations of Screewriting by Syd Field

Your topic sounds fantastic, but will require a ton of research. I hope you do it.

I do a bit of writing; songs, poems, essays and fiction. I've been published in several national magazines and quite a few "specialty" publications, and on on topics ranging from double shotguns, hunting and fishing to British sports cars, baseball and, of course, pipe smoking!

Trout Bum, I love your idea of the football game story; I hope you do it and would love to read it.

I do a lot of business writing. My wife has been trying to get me to write a book, but I've yet to pull the trigger on that little project. I don't like doing research, and I it takes a lot of research to write books well (from what I hear)

Not a published writer, but I love to write. Mainly short story prose. Did some poetry for the girls, but it has to rhyme, which is not my specialty. I've written alot of funny stuff.

I did write a novel, started it in high school, worked on it for 4 years in college. Finished it a year later. I was trying to edit it as it was over 1000 pages. You will love this: it disappeared one day.... Not that I believed it could be published.

I need to see if I can find some of my short stories. They may be good if for nothing more than a chuckle.

Writing went the day of the dinosaur as I work long hours now. Really forums took the place of writing.

Hello all
I wrote two books "My Love My Pipe" which is a funy little book 76 pages on o course pipes and all the problems one has on learning the skill of becomming a pipe man. and "Reflexions" a 277 page book on my life both can be seen on www.lulu.com under charles hester
Best Regards
Richard

Hey guys, would love to read your poems if you'd be willing to show them, it seems like there are a great many members on here that are interested in literature in some faculty, would be great to get some poems or short stories down lol I know that sounds a little bit against the grain but would love something to contribute to every now and then

I'm a reporter, so I write and am published daily. Kind of pointless to give you the links, since they charge a subscription fee (even to the reporters). If I'm not employed past Monday (I have to re-interview for my job), I'll start writing my novels full time.

I write some. Have had three articles (two features and a filler) in professional magazines and won a short story competition. At the moment I'm in process with three short stories and blocking out the outline of a novel. Just recently wrote a couple of poems. They are very rough. :oops:

I'm a philosophy professor, and so I write professionally. I also try my hand at poems, but have little to show for it. My webpage has a list of most of my philosophical writing.

Like winslow i also get the priviledge of writing incident reports at work. I also have had an article published in the Civil War Historian, so far my only article it was a lowly book review in the first issue. Writing for publication is quite possibly the most stressful writing assignment I have ever had.

I have had a number of poems published in small journals and am trying to move into larger journals. I just got one poem accepted into Spires Magazine and I just submitted a number to The Literary Review.

I do also write short stories and have a number of longer stories in the works.

thefoolish":ji4mccht said:
I have had a number of poems published in small journals and am trying to move into larger journals. I just got one poem accepted into Spires Magazine and I just submitted a number to The Literary Review.

I do also write short stories and have a number of longer stories in the works.
Wow, impressive man!! Congrats- great to have such talented folks here! :cheers: :cheers:

Hey, I wouldn't call myself a writer, since I still haven't finished the novel I've been working on for two years, but I dabble at it. I've always wanted to write, and finally in my late thirties (now 40) I took up the keyboard (err. pen). I love the creation process, but wish I had more time to actually write. I used to write about an hour a day, and probably two on the weekends, but now that we have a nine month old little boy, very little, to no writing is getting done. I do dream up a lot of ideas and seem to record a lot of voice notes while driving back and forth from work. But, I hope that once the little guy gets a little more independent (in the next year or so) maybe I can get back to the actual writing process.

I don't know if any of you here know about www.thenextbigwriter.com, but this is a great place to post your writing and get high quality reviews on your work.

I'd love to know what kinds of genre's you working on! :)

Martin :bounce:

wiley coyote":y4h9ofcu said:
I'm a philosophy professor, and so I write professionally. I also try my hand at poems, but have little to show for it. My webpage has a list of most of my philosophical writing.
Can you post your webpage address? I am interested in philosophy too. I tried to google your name but I only got pages about the Coyote and the RoadRunner. :oops:

MartinH, great site www.thenextwriter.com . Thanks for the recommendation.

I believe everybody can be a good writer but first we have to do a lot of reading and a lot of drafts before writing something good for the public to read.

Late 60's through the early 80's I wrote a lot of poetry. Did a lot of public readings. Lightly published in rags that have since died. Have one novel finished. I'm now editing--pain in the butt. Second novel is, somewhat, laid out. I have a well-known author waiting to read the first book soon as I get it edited. She thinks, assuming she likes it, she can help me find a publisher. Oh, it's a western. Genre writing does not pay loads, but it would be nice to get it published.
Currently, I'm writing...the dissertation. A REAL pain in the butt.