Pipe Wanted WTB/WTT Ferndown

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

GrampaGrossbart

Reaction score
Longest of long shots but after years of failing to find one in the wild figured I’d cast my net here: I’m looking for a Ferndown Bark bulldog or Rhodesian with silver band and a Cumberland stem. Love how they look so it’s been one of my bucket list pipes for a long time, but then I picked up my first Ferndown earlier this year and it smokes so great I’m more interested than ever before.

Know we’re supposed to list a dollar amount so say my budget is around $200 or could potentially trade pipes and/or tobacco—let me know what you’ve got and what you’re looking for and we’ll go from there!

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Longest of long shots but after years of failing to find one in the wild figured I’d cast my net here: I’m looking for a Ferndown Bark bulldog or Rhodesian with silver band and a Cumberland stem. Love how they look so it’s been one of my bucket list pipes for a long time, but then I picked up my first Ferndown earlier this year and it smokes so great I’m more interested than ever before.

Know we’re supposed to list a dollar amount so say my budget is around $200 or could potentially trade pipes and/or tobacco—let me know what you’ve got and what you’re looking for and we’ll go from there!
Listing specific prices is more for selling than for looking. Often you don’t have any control over the price…it is what it is.

GrampaGrossbart

Reaction score

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Gramps...Since Les Wood has backed-off/quit entirely making pipes, Ferndowns have "popped" in price/value enormously! Last time I checked eBay/Pipestud, etc. my small collection had more than doubled price-wise. Good luck with your search! FTRPLT

GrampaGrossbart

Reaction score
Yeah, I’d heard he stepped back—hope he’s enjoying retirement! And I’m not sure if it’s a glut of moneyed international buyers or what, but I feel like prices have skyrocketed on eBay pipes in general. The Ferndown Antique I picked up earlier this year from a knowledgeable B&M was in great shape at $160, and most estate Ferndowns seem to fall in the $100-200 range on Pulvers’ site…but needless to say they don’t last long, and I haven’t gotten lucky yet. The hunt continues!

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I neglected to mention Marty Pulvers site!!! Bad on me! His prices tend to be on the low side, at least to me!! Not to mention, a darn nice guy!! FTRPLT