Yak?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlock999

Reaction score
Is it too early to ask if anyone knows where Yak is?
Did he take a vacation?

He's alright I suspect, but he went radio-silent on me as well.

He probably got offended and rage quit. He's sensitive, that one. ;)

:lol: Yak has a huge heart, but a shrinking (or ragey) violet, that's not him. :lol:

Or you're just pushing his buttons to come back and say something to us. Of this, I approve. :cheers:

Yak's resting from excessive use of his cut n' paste finger. :shock:
14198174-bruised-finger-and-damaged-fingernail-after-an-accident.jpg

Yak":jm68g50m said:
Retirement-prompted life de-fragging & re-appraising.

:face:
:hug:

Sh*t, sorry. *cough*

:firmhandshake: :lol:

:cheers:

Glad you're alright.

Yak":wlrz8kro said:
Retirement-prompted life de-fragging & re-appraising.

Always needs to be done here too!
Retirement does change the outlook on a lot of things!
Just as long as your OK!1

Hi Bros

Thank you all for your concern & interest. While I've never come here intending to "win friends and influence people" (well, at least to win friends), it's nice to know that the (former) daily shit disturbance has been missed.

Communicating ideas and (what I regard as) insights is something I've put a lot of time and energy into over the years here.

In retrospect, judging by results, I don't seem to be very good at it.

There's a perspective dysjunction involved. Posting matters I regard as both interesting and important is widely viewed as evidence of mental illness, arrested intellectual development, obstinate, ill-natured disturbance of the peace, or some combination of these.

Worse now -- with retirement has come a perspective shift : from concern with indications in the immediate and concrete of more basic patterns underlying them to the bigger-picture patterns themselves. This is where it really goes off the reservation.

You want an example ?

http://www.sott.net/article/139903-Ultra-terrestrials+and+9-11

FWIW

And what, exactly, is wrong with all of that?

Nothing. Perhaps expectation of people all unanimously "getting it," but no one's that good of an info-slinger, Yak. You've opened my eyes to some fascinating and helpful perspective in quite a few areas. You've helped develop and make more "Zen-like" and confident my skepticism towards...well, anything that requires it. I appreciate that. I appreciate you, your bold honesty (no matter how off the ship's deck you jump with subject matter) and unwavering determination to your studies.

Not that you would, but don't change. And, personally, thank you for being you, doing what you do. Mushy, sure, but eff it, I mean that. You're a friend.

8)

Yak, it is hard to balance a teeter-totter without something on each end. As a libertarian, I find the view at NPR and PBS more interesting than, say, Fox. In organization I am more interested in the ACLU than something closer to home. Hearing views like one's own is a great ego massage but hardly broadens horizon.

Have at it. The better your attempt the greater my interest -- regardless of my agreeing or not.

Good to see you back Yak! :cheers:

BTW that link you posted above...........I GREW A BEARD while reading it! :lol!:

Only joking - keep posting interesting articles and I'll keep reading them.

BTW does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy? :scratch:

Fraternally

Jers

Despite being a fan of the wrong football team; I sort of like him. I'm sure he will be back in August to follow the exploits of the champion Ravens.....