Yesterday sucked!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Reaction score
One of my wife's two German Shepherd Dogs had a problem Saturday afternoon. It displayed again Sunday morning so we rushed him to the Vet ER Clinic. Spleen cancer that had metastasized to the heart and other organs. By the time you see symptoms it's too late according to the vet. He had to be put to sleep. Watson was 11 years old and such a sweetheart and now his brother, Sherlock, is absolutely lost without him. Sherlock will take some TLC and time to bring around so he can cope better.

Last edited:
Thanks Ranger! I'm hoping Sherlock and Angus will bond. Angus is the shelter dog I got in November because my nearly 15 year old beagle, Sophie, had to be put to sleep in late July due to cancer of the bladder.

Angus is only 2 or 3 years old and wants to be buddies but Sherlock at 11 years old is set in his ways. I think he'll come around after a bit.

Very sorry for your loss.

We had a small female German Shepard growing up that was just wonderfull. I drive by two German Shepards that stay in someone's front yard on the way to and back from work. They remind me of how good of a dog she was as I pass by.

Watson…my 7 y.o. Pug is my loyal assistant…by my side 24/7. Could I live without him? Yes, I suppose, but it would take me longer to solve my many cases. Condolences to you for your loss. Always a heart felt thing.

236418FA-2217-478D-9663-159460FD1C5D.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your dog. We still miss our golden retriever who passed away a few years ago. Luck would have it that our new dog who has been with us for a few years now is great.

I feel for you, we had a German Shepherd, from when I was a baby through to my early teens. We lived in a house with a back lane but no gate to the backyard, she lived up to her species name and would herd us three boys back in if we got too close to the lane. She'd even let me as a toddler climb all over her, pullling her ears etc. without a growl or bite at all, a very patient dog.