Yet another Punt Oro - as a gift!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
Early this year I visited Charl Goussard (aritsan pipe carver) where I met a very nice gentleman.  I've invited him for a BBQ and today he turned up, with his wife.  He brought along his collection and we compared pipes.

I knew he do not own a MM cop and would like one,  so I got one for him.  And you know what? He gave me a Sav Punto Oro mister G 122 in exchange!  :D   Beautiful, well cared for pipe, smokes like only a Sav can do.

But now I have a problem.  I like even numbers and I now have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will HAVE to buy another "other" Sav.  I did not want to spend money on pipes this year 'cause I'm buying tobacco.

What now, my love?  :?: :?:

Quote:I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

Must be nice to think that way, I can't go a month without purchasing at least one pipe.

SpeedyPete":9gg6drrt said:
Early this year I visited Charl Goussard (aritsan pipe carver) where I met a very nice gentleman.  I've invited him for a BBQ and today he turned up, with his wife.  He brought along his collection and we compared pipes.

I knew he do know own a MM cop and would like one,  so I got one for him.  And you know what? He gave me a Sav Punto Oro mister G 122 in exchange!  :D   Beautiful, well cared for pipe, smokes like only a Sav can do.

But now I have a problem.  I like even numbers and now I have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will have to buy another "other" Sav and I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

No problem. Just keep making deals like that one (a Punto Oro for a Cob) and you won't have to spend much money on pipes this year but you might have trouble sleeping at night. :lol!: :lol!: 
Sounds like you've made a wonderful friend and both pipes I'm sure will be cherished. Congrats Brothers. :cheers:

Cartaphilus":xmzwld4p said:
Quote:I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

Must be nice to think that way, I can't go a month without purchasing at least one pipe.
I have the same problem!  :roll: 

SpeedyPete":14dsupzq said:

I knew he do know own a MM cop and would like one,  so I got one for him.  And you know what? He gave me a Sav Punto Oro mister G 122 in exchange!  :D   Beautiful, well cared for pipe, smokes like only a Sav can do.

But now I have a problem.  I like even numbers and I now have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will HAVE to buy another "other" Sav.  I did not want to spend money on pipes this year 'cause I'm buying tobacco.

No problem! Start your search for a Sav Guibleo d' Oro, it's the level ABOVE the Punto's and then add 6 more Guibleo's to match the Punto's and you'll be set for THIS year !! :twisted:  Oh, BTW, get a pair of shoes for the 'little lady' each time you get a pipe! Makes things go sooooo much smoother  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":aibiqejt said:
SpeedyPete":aibiqejt said:

No problem! Start your search for a Sav Guibleo d' Oro, it's the level ABOVE the Punto's and then add 6 more Guibleo's to match the Punto's and you'll be set for THIS year !! :twisted:  Oh, BTW, get a pair of shoes for the 'little lady' each time you get a pipe! Makes things go sooooo much smoother  :twisted: :twisted: 
I've already looked for and found some lovely Guibleo d' Oro pipes but..........I cannot buy pipes and accumulate tobacco at the same time. My bugget (read wife) won't allow it. Not really true but I know I should maintain some sort of balance as far as spending is concerned. I've decided that this year I will hoard as much tobacco as can possibly afford. I really want to stick to this decision.

Hawker":5ekgp7wd said:
SpeedyPete":5ekgp7wd said:

But now I have a problem.  I like even numbers and now I have 13 Savinelli pipes, 7 Punto Oro and 6 "others". I will have to buy another "other" Sav and I did not want to spend money on pipes this year.

No problem. Just keep making deals like that one (a Punto Oro for a Cob) and you won't have to spend much money on pipes this year but you might have trouble sleeping at night. :lol!: :lol!: 
Sounds like you've made a wonderful friend and both pipes I'm sure will be cherished. Congrats Brothers. :cheers:
I thank you, sir!

Pete, what I do is put a little aside each week -- surprisingly things like passing or cutting back on a daily stop at the coffee shop and making my coffee at home, eating out less often, buying more bulk instead of tinned tobacco, etc. really adds up over time.

Being the enabler that I am, here's a pristine Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro, Sav's top of the line, at SPC -- $250 (this is a $500+ pipe) -- and they offer international shipping:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=126111

rothnh":azi26t2d said:
Pete, what I do is put a little aside each week -- surprisingly things like passing or cutting back on a daily stop at the coffee shop and making my coffee at home, eating out less often, buying more bulk instead of tinned tobacco, etc. really adds up over time.

Being the enabler that I am, here's a pristine Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro, Sav's top of the line, at SPC -- $250 (this is a $500+ pipe) -- and they offer international shipping:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=126111
My brother, I really appreciate your effort in finding me a nice pipe. It is so special, so beautiful, I feel like crying because..... ... at our current exchance rate, this pipe will cost me R2,775.00. I cannot afford to spend that kind of money on a pipe now.

Last month I bought 2 tins of Escudo and 8oz of SG 1792 Flake and, with shipping, it cost me R932.00 plus duty on this side of R54.00.

Yesterday I ordered another 2 tins of Escudo and 8oz of 4noggins Prairie Wind, total cost R1,023.00 and I don't know what customs will do on this side.

So, as much as would like to buy that pipe, which is a HUGE bargain, I just can't do it without robbing a bank. And I'm to old already for that kind of job :twisted: 

Thanks once more for keeping me in mind.

Pete, sorry, I didn't mean to tease -- my point was that there's some really nice Savs on the estate market when you're ready for one.

rothnh":ezxopscm said:
Pete, sorry, I didn't mean to tease -- my point was that there's some really nice Savs on the estate market  when you're ready for one.
You're still my brother!! :D