Yo, DrT

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
I was logging into tobaccocellar, and the social feed at the top said you'd just added some of the War Horse Bar to your cellar.

Have you smoked any of it yet? I was considering grabbing some but I'm totally on the fence. It seems like our tastes are often pretty similar, thought I'd see if you had any thoughts on the stuff.

Seems to be popular with more than a few pipers here. I have to say though, JimInk's "Extremely Strong" strength rating has me convinced that I would not find it to my liking. Especially considering the fact that Jim rated Brown Rope No. 4 "Very Strong," and that one put me in a schlumped stupor. :drunken: :no:

War Horse Bar is on the strong side but I do enjoy it. It's an extremely bold smoke! I'm also use too and enjoy Black Irish X rope. If your not into tobacco's with a heavy nic hit War Horse Bar is not for you. DrT also enjoys Black Irish X, so he enjoys a strong tobacco at times. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yo!

My review: In a word, delicious. The overall impressions come more from the flavoring than the tobaccos, although hints of the Kentucky come through. The flavorings strike me as cocoa, with hints of coffee and tonquin. The bar seems to be between a plug and a heavily-pressed crumble cake, but it breaks apart fairly easily. The N is well-hidden at first, but it does sneak up on you throughout the bowl. Unless you already smoke ropes and other heavy-N blends, this isn't an all day smoke. It lights easily, but does need a relight or two more than usual after the first half of the bowl.

I currently have 12 tins. :D

Thanks for the input, all.

High-N isn't a problem as long as avoid back-to-back bowls of the stuff...sounds like something to add to the cart!

Idbowman, War Horse Bar is bold, earthy and woodsy and a great blend with no bite and little moisture left at the bottom of the bowl. It can only get better with some aging. It's definitely not an all day smoke but it is a superb evening blend. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Sounds like it'd be very nice to sit down and enjoy along side some strong black coffee. I really like strong blends early in the day and milder ones in the evening (which seems to be the opposite of what most prefer). Regardless, it sounds like a real winner.