You never know

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
how many lives you touch. My mother passed away last week at 93. She outlived her siblings and all her friends. We listened to many stories during calling hours from people we had never met, but they were all touched somewhere along the line by her actions. A letter of recommendation that started a career, the two kids that stayed the summer with us while their mom dried out, the Christmas saved by several boxes of toys, groceries, and a mortgage payment for a down and out neighbor. Two unwed pregnant girls my mother guided when she was a social worker graduated college and went on to become teachers.
These individuals impressed on me how much you influence the lives of the people you interact with, a concept lost in todays rat race.

Well said. You're mom sounds like a great person, even though she was probably just being herself and doing what she felt was needed. Some moms are just like that. Thank you for sharing.

Mark's Momma was awesome.. Well except for her boy.. :lol: Sorry, couldn't help it.

You know you're right though.. And I bet your momma knew, and probably thought you knew.. it all comes out in the end. Good people are good bad people are bad and they both leave lasting impressions. I honestly hope that when I pass on more people remember me for the goodness I done did than the nasty shit that comes out from time to time. The only humerous thing about the whole deal is its usually the simple stuff that requires little/no effort on our part to totally blow a person up good or bad.

Rest in peace ole girl, you deserved it!

Great post Mark. In today's leg-humping, material world we often forget what leaving a legacy is all about.

Thanks for sharing Mark. Sounds like she was quite the lady.

She was of that generation that did many great things for others. My grannie, dad's mom, had many similar stories. She would have been 100 in April this year. Pass those stories on in the family. Keeps memories alive and it will teach kids lessons they need to learn.

Thanks for posting, Mark. It's always great to hear good stories. It's a shame the news media don't cover or publish information like this.

Jim

It's people like your mom that keep this place from falling apart. Thank God for folks like her.

Muddler":wej3ptoc said:
In today's leg-humping, material world...
So stealing this phrase Muddler. I'm still laughing.

Great post Mark.