You thought it was bad here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adults telling other adults what choices to make. Sick priorities. They can't or won't defend their women from being raped over there, but they can keep people from having tobacco.

Richard Burley":r80tl95l said:
Adults telling other adults what choices to make. Sick priorities.
Privatize pleasure and profit and socialize the risk. I get it, nobody likes to hear no or pay up but when they have that bad day you know we as a society will all be paying for these decisions. I knew two guys in the last year die very expensive smoking related deaths at taxpayers expense.

Anyway I didn't think it was so bad here. I can do or get just about anything I want and could pay for it with money I haven't even made yet.   :shock:

Its only a matter of time ...

i was in India a couple of years ago and had the misfortune to visit one of the alcohol free states without purchasing some booze in advance .. at the time i had wondered why there were so many liquor stores in the airport just before the exit! I guess the same might happen with tobacco. :)

daveinlax":wz4gj3jk said:
Privatize pleasure and profit and socialize the risk. I get it, nobody likes to hear no or pay up but when they have that bad day you know we as a society will all be paying for these decisions. I knew two guys in the last year die very expensive smoking related deaths at taxpayers expense...
This type of thinking will mean that every aspect of our lives should be subject to review by a panel of "experts" armed with actuarial tables. Fat? Drive fast? Don't exercise? Diet veers from gubbermint guidelines? Drink more than 1.5 beers a day? How about that STD you picked up after a night of indiscretion? I find it hilarious that we are all going to die of something anyway, usually at great expense.