You'd Think I'd Be Flattered

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
One of my late wife's good friends has been a widow for close to 20 years. Her husband was 18 years her senior. His last years were awful, stricken with Parkinson's Disease and dementia. He was confined to a secure section of a nursing home, because he had fits of rage. Although, the marriage was long, with two wonderful (now adult) children, it began as a "green card" marriage as she's originally from Colombia and was in the U.S. on a student visa.
She phones me at least once a week suggesting that we go for a walk, share a meal, etc. She's 74 and hasn't aged well.
I always decline her invitations.
My late wife was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in April, 2003. She had surgery, radiation, etc. and life was almost normal until November, 2007, when the cancer spread to her liver. It was a living hell, in and out of the hospital, weekly chemo, until she died in October, 2008, when the cancer spread to her brain.
During that last year, her friend never visited once, never phoned. And she wants me to date her? No f-ing way, ever.