Your Absolute Hands Down Favourite Tobacco...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday? GLB Barbary Coast. Today? Orlik Golden Sliced. Tomorrow? We shall find out soon enough!

Every time one of these type of threads come up, I have to laugh at the responses. The question is "Your Absolute Hands Down Favorite Blend", but as usually happens, about 50% or more of the replies go on to name two, three, four and even more! LOL! LOL!

I know it dam hard to name just one blend, and even if you do today, in a few months it may change. Anyway, in an effort to be true to the question, after much consideration, I must say that my all time absolute favorite is:

Japan Tobacco's Momoyama

That's a real tough call. For me, my all time favorite is:

G.L. Pease Stonehenge

Coming in at a close second place is:

John Cotton No. 2

Difficult to answer as my tobacco choices vary from season to season.

Now in the winter mainly flake tobacco's, so my go to regular would be Universitity Flake.

However with the internet thre are so many tobacco's to be sampled it seems rather retrogressive to limit your choice.

I love having a variety, but if I had to pick just one, it would be Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake.

Wish I could provide an honest answer to the question; can't do it! Years ago I might have answered DH Standard Full Mixture, John Cotton #2 (or #1 &#2), or BS 759. Alas....they are no more. Today there are so many great blends (I have 75+ in my "care,") , including many I haven't tried yet; picking just one would be an injustice to the others. FTRPLT

alfredo_buscatti":ccd4l3ut said:
GH Dark Flake, Escudo, Haddos, Bracken Flake ( 1 back version), Irish Flake
Mike,

You have a lot of favorites........... :lol:

I'm still very much a tobacco noob, but I would say C&D's Solace is my absolute favorite right. It has a little bit of everything.

Wow so many great out of production blends mentioned! and some of them I still have ;) - reading the words John Cotton #1&#2 made my mouth water - definitely the all time favorite :D

Happy puffin'
Meer
:flower:

Escudo, with many other Va/Pers following closely behind.

In the out-of-production, can't-get-anymore category, my all time favorite would be Union Jack Cut Plug, an absolutely wonderful burley produced by Larus Bros. I think it went out of production (or they went out of business) back in the late '70's.

Currently available blends? Probably GLP's Westminster.

Mike

so far with just a little over a month on the job, my favorite is escudo.