Your favorite ARO

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":a8kobwm6 said:
Gramps - how do you order Sleepy Hollow?  Do you have to call the order in?

I don’t see prices anywhere on their site.
Oh you know I didn’t check—ordered half a pound over the phone last year, and that’ll probably last me for the duration. Unlike some shops I could mention they’re real friendly to talk to!

JimInks":vr60izf3 said:
I know Wilke Blends are not relatively unknown, but I seldom see anyone smoking #515, which is the blend that was made for Basil Rathbone. I really like that one. Mild enough to smoke all day, flavorful enough to not be boring.
Thanks Jim,

I didn't see #515 for sale on the Wilke site, just the Rumcake which also mentions Basil Rathbone in the description, hence the confusion.

Sounds like #515 would be more up my alley since it's lighter on the rum.

Straus is a great shop and the Florence location even has a great smoking section in the store.  I stop by quite often to see what’s new and in the winter enjoy the heated comfort of the smoking section.

I would recommend if you call them to ask about the CAPS blends which are for the local Cincinnati Area Pipe Society.

DrumsAndBeer":1ql9kwwz said:
JimInks":1ql9kwwz said:
I know Wilke Blends are not relatively unknown, but I seldom see anyone smoking #515, which is the blend that was made for Basil Rathbone. I really like that one. Mild enough to smoke all day, flavorful enough to not be boring.
Thanks Jim,

I didn't see #515 for sale on the Wilke site, just the Rumcake which also mentions Basil Rathbone in the description, hence the confusion.

Sounds like #515 would be more up my alley since it's lighter on the rum.
Here ya go, buddy!
https://www.wilkepipetobacco.com/product-page/wilke-no-515