Your Favorite Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I know that we all have a varied array of smoking pieces, but there's always one that stands out as being your favorite for whatever reason. For me, it would have to be one of my 50+ year old Wilke billiards. This one in particular was purchased unsmoked for $50.00 from thesmoker.com and unlike my many other Wilke briars, this one is a sitter. Granted, it's a straight billiard but it was designed with a flattened bottom side. It smokes sooooo good. I would have a hard time parting with it.

So, what's your favorite pipe?

My favourite is a Lorenzetti freehand that is very similar in discription to Bill's, a billiard. It is light and gives me great smokes. Oftentimes, when I am am trying a new va for an initial impression, I'll turn to this pipe. It's not old, perhaps 3 years, but it's my favourite,

:D Paul

Mine is actually a pipe that was just gifted to me by a fine brother here. As soon as I can get some pics up I will post. Its a Bob Ray freehand. Absolutely beauitful in every respect!

This question gets asked a lot on the boards, and the only way I have ever been able to asnwer is is by asking: Would you make me pick a favorite among my children?

John Offerdahl":1085hrth said:
This question gets asked a lot on the boards, and the only way I have ever been able to asnwer is is by asking: Would you make me pick a favorite among my children?
Ah John,

the wisdom of Solomon.

:D Paul

For me, it depends where I'm smoking or what I'm smoking at the time.

My favorite outdoor pipe is a small bent billiard Dr. Grabow. Actually I have four that rotate among when doing yard work, hunting or fishing. My favorite of the four is one smooth finish with no fills or putty what so ever.

My favorite driving pipe is a Brissett full bent egg with a walnut shell finish affectionately known as my "Brissett Traveler". I always smoke a home blend of 1/3 each of Marlin Flake, McC #5100 and McC #2015 in too.

My favorite reading pipe is my LeNuvole bent long stemmed Dublin and I smoke Larsen's #50 in it.

For particular tobaccos usually smoked indoors it goes as follows:
McB Navy Flake--Rad Davis bent squashed tomato known affectionately as the "BLT" (best little tomato)
C&D Briar Fox--Heeschen sandblasted bent "P"
Brown Clunee--Big Ben smooth bent ball
Bjarne deLuxe Flake--Tao smooth bent Dublin
GLP Montgomery--Ardor rusticated bent bull dog

Before I became allergic to high nicotine tobaccos and perique, my Balleby bent apple (nicknamed the floater) for Peterson University Flake and my Rocheleau #A-47 (nicknamed Merlin) for McConnell's Scottish Cake.

Each of these pipes really make the tobaccos sing with every smoke like no other pipes could.

Jim

Afraid I have the same problem as many of you do....my favorite is the one I'm smoking at the moment! Life's tough, ain't it!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT