Your Favorite Pour?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love a good scotch most any time. Also occasionally rotate to Cuervo Gold or 1800 tequila, and Martell cognac. But in the winter I like a kick in the ass from some good 100-proof Slivovitz. Yowzah!

Jack Daniels black label and water or with coke, Gentleman’s Jack, Knob Creek or Bullet on the rocks or straight, Arrogant Bastard or just about any Stone product, Evan Williams is a good garage whiskey
Black box wine, because I am that classy :D

Well, single malt scotch of course !

The warm smokiness of Talisker, the honey notes of Tamnavulin, or the delicate nose of Tormore.

But....there is nothing like the saltwater, peat, seaweed, and phenolic flavors of the Islay scotches, such as Ardbeg and Laphroaig, over which only the greatest Islay scotch Lagavulin reigns as the supreme nectar.

I love a number of single malt scotches.

My go-to is The Dalmore.

Favorites are McCallan, Talisker and Langavulin. but there are others I also really enjoy.

i also like bourbons (see a thread in this section I started a little while back).

Cheers,

TC

Im going to say ROOT 100. I love root beer. Kinda syrupy though. after a couple sips, it doesnt matter anymore though......

Lately I have been enjoying Old Charter straight up from my 6 oz. Mason jar. Not bad at all for what most folks would consider a cheap whiskey.

It used to be Knob Creek and Makers Mark. At $50 for 70cl in the UK, I have switched to high quality rum like Mount Gay. It's an ok replacement and much more affordable. I'm lucky to have my sister stationed in Germany, she can get me Makers at the PX. That's few and far between though.

Johnny Walker Black Label in a high ball glass with about four ice cubes. There is a magical, fleeting, moment when the amount of melt water is perfect. You could not "mix" the proportions. Goes exceedingly well with latakia and Stan Getz.

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on the rocks, or...
Gentleman Jack on the rocks, or...
Jack Daniel's on the rocks. :drunken:

GarWood":t5f3ma1e said:
Jack Daniel's Single Barrel on the rocks, or...
Gentleman Jack on the rocks, or...
Jack Daniel's on the rocks. :drunken:

I'm partial to the sour mash, myself.

(hold the ice please.) :)

Any Islay malt, neat in a snifter. I've been enjoying Finlaggan's from the local trader joe's recently, half the price of Laphroig and very tasty.

Justpipes":ho9gg8k4 said:
Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye. Unfortunately it is only a treat because our state controlled ABC stores do not stock it. The last time I had it was in Tampa, FL. The only Rye that NC stocks is Jim Beam. It's not bad.
If you enjoy Rye--Old Potrero! Fantastic stuff. I recently bought a bottle of Sazerac. It was pretty good--until I poured a shot of the OP!

If you have not tried Parker's Cask Strength Bourbon, you owe it to yourself. Mine is 127.4 proof alcohol. I am working on it...very slowly.

I have to support the working man's quality Canadian Rye- Crown Royal

Long live the man of quality!

What real men drink--- Wild Turkey 101

And by the way Carlos, You're right! John Powers Gold Label is the smoothest whiskey I have ever had.

SmokeyTweed":c5ftofcp said:
I have to support the working man's quality Canadian Rye- Crown Royal

Long live the man of quality!
Love Crown Royal... but it's got me into more trouble when posting than I care to think... or better put, what I can remember... :drunken: :oops: :oops: