Youtube Pipe Presenters

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
I'm forfeiting all credit for this thread to PB. He started it with the "what happened to PipefriendCHS?" And it got me thinking, actually I thought about posting this before, but who are some of your favorite Youtube pipe community presenters, if you happen to watch?

I enjoy a few but some favorites are:
NWPipesmoker
Muttnchop Piper
and of course Matches860

All three of these guys bring a little something different to the table and are, in my opinion, enjoyable to watch. Muttnchop gives you a lot of content and information, Tom (NWPipesmoker) is very down to earth and seems as real as can get from my perspective, and John (Matches860) has one of the most iconic YTPC intros, ever, and he's the sort that could tell a thousand stories and all of them different and entertaining.

Just my thoughts, who do you guys like?

NWPipesmoker is a cool guy; I like his type, and I'm not even gay. Smoke Signals, a brother here (Thomas Tkach), seems honest in all senses, straightforward, earnest, etc. I think he's going to divinity school or something, so that may lend a certain gravitas to his presentations. Bremen Pipesmoker is my current favorite, though they come and go. I like the way he speaks, the Euro setting, and wondering what the hell his background is.

All the aforementioned I find interesting for both style and content. That being said, watching pipe videos is not high on my list of things I do regularly. This forum alone is time-suck enough for this ol' boy.  :study:

loved watching smokeringspipedreams initially cigar reviews and general stuff about life. can be quite amusing

Richard, if it's out a little it's out a lot...just embrace it, we will still talk to you.

Also, I love ❤️Thomas, but he's out of divinity school now (I think) and looking for a flock to fleece and feed. ?

I admit to spending all my YouTube time watching gunnreviews, or tedeschi trucks band style blues. Big Band Blues pretty much rocks. Not pipe related at all but it's a mortal sin not to enjoy Susan and Derek.

I did watch a little of a Channel brought up in a search while I was looking for Marc. It's two long bearded fellers and a chick. It was okay. I like guys that don't take this crap too seriously.

There was a member here who posted tube vids semi-regularly of various 'baccys and pipes. Haven't seen him around for a while and don't remember his user name.

Normally I don't access the tube unless on a certain mission. Too much time to waste!

Cheers,

RR

PB, I think that's that Dagner fella. He ain't bad. I only watch when I smoke my pipe. I've seen a few of Thomas' videos. They're good. Aw a little of Bremmen pipe smoker, interesting. All of them have their merrit.

Yup Dagner. One said he had a LOL dagner pipe. Lol.
To tired and over medicated bro. Talk at ya tomorrow.

I was lucky enough to meet Muttonchoppiper this weekend at the NASPC show in Columbus.

He's 100% as cool in real life as on his channel - very good guy to get to talk to, for sure.

I watch the ones in the OP. I also used to watch HolySmokinPipePadre, but his uploads have become increasingly longer and less pipe-centric, so I don't check in as often as I used to. Anyone interested in snuff should check out Paul Shallbetter, too.

Some of the oldies I used to enjoy which all I think have stopped posting:

PipefriendCHS
1968eric
RehfeldtTW / Michael Rehfeldt

Probably my all-time fav...
Tamper Peterson (with Dug the dug!) - Jim no longer posts to this channel, but still posts to his Irish whistle channel (Jim Anon) pretty regularly.

Seems the YouTube channels have changed quite a bit since these guys were around.

I haven't seen Muttonchop Piper's channel, but I have met him in person and he is a swell guy. I talked with him a bit about those foam core shelves he made. Really cool idea!

My all time favorite presenter was a guy that had a handle like harjo99 or something like that. Some might have dismissed this guy as a hipster, but his delivery was undeniably good and his wit really shined through. Anyway, He had long hair and glasses, I believe he was Native American and he was a soft spoken gentleman. He always used a nice mix of 50's and 60's jazz in the background, and he was very comfortable in front of the camera. I really dug his videos. He produced some very intelligent and thoughtful reviews. Sadly he closed his channel and his work is gone.

Brewdude":6qy42owu said:
There was a member here who posted tube vids semi-regularly of various 'baccys and pipes. Haven't seen him around for a while and don't remember his user name.

Normally I don't access the tube unless on a certain mission. Too much time to waste!

Cheers,

RR
Rande, do you mean Michael? He has a youtube channel and goes by the name canerodpiper.

He has a lovely way about him and is very knowledgeable. Well worth a watch!

Stick":cwb0ix88 said:
Brewdude":cwb0ix88 said:

Cheers,

RR
Rande, do you mean Michael? He has a youtube channel and goes by the name canerodpiper.

He has a lovely way about him and is very knowledgeable. Well worth a watch!
No mate, I was trying to remember Charles9mm, or however his user name goes here. He's been conspicuously absent for some little while. Always liked his vids.

Cheers,

RR

WarlockBob":0opkke86 said:
Heck, this thread makes me wonder if I should start a YouTube channel.... There's not too many of us out there. :rabbit:
I have thought about it. It looks like fun, although I think my wife and kids would laugh at me. :p

WarlockBob":d3m9dczl said:
Heck, this thread makes me wonder if I should start a YouTube channel.... There's not too many of us out there. :rabbit:
I think you should do it Bobby. I've enjoyed your reviews in Pipes and Tobacco Magazine.

8)

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":0wgzolnl said:
WarlockBob":0wgzolnl said:
I have thought about it. It looks like fun, although I think my wife and kids would laugh at me. :p
Chris, you're as qualified as any out there. I've followed your reviews on the review site and they're well presented.

8)

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":59yai8ug said:
WarlockBob":59yai8ug said:
You should both jump in. I started about two years ago and it's been a lot of fun. Most of my stuff has been geared more towards snuff and snus - VERY few youtube channels dedicated to those tobacco hobbies compared to pipes...so if you have any interest in those forms of tobacco you'll be part of the community in a hurry!