Zippo repair or replacement insert

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

Reaction score
Stupid question, as I know that Zippo offers a lifetime guarantee on their lighters...but... Do they only repair the case or also the insert? My insert broke on me this morning and now my only pipe lighter (well the only one I use) is toast. I tried to find some inserts online, but wasn't sure if I should just send it in.

I've never used their warranty, but from what I understand, you mail it in whole (but broken) they mail it back fixed.

You can call them on Monday and ask them the deal (shipping, time, etc)...

Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm EST at 888-442-1932, ask for "repairs."

8)

Depending on how beat and broken it is, you either get it fixed or a whole new lighter from them !! It's a lifetime gaurantee! If it's a "collector" level Zippo you might want to think about as they use new parts to repair with. But otherwise, just pack it up, send it to 'em with a note as to what needs be done and wait for your "new" Zippo to come back to you! :p

What they all said. Zippo is one of the last US based manufactures that stands behind their products 100% no matter what.

No, belay that...........

The VERY LAST!

(not trying to go all political and get this moved to never never land)

;)

Cheers,

RR

They replace the insert but, where possible, repair the case. Let them know that if the case can't be repaired that you want it back if you do want it.

williamcharles":anyww7js said:
They replace the insert but, where possible, repair the case. Let them know that if the case can't be repaired that you want it back if you do want it.
This is why I left the phone number--sometimes there's just details that need to be covered and understood by a person. 8)

Brewdude":q1y16e4x said:
What they all said. Zippo is one of the last US based manufactures that stands behind their products 100% no matter what.

The VERY LAST!

;)

Cheers,

RR
Not completely true, my wife works for a clothing store, Land's End, and they have a lifetime, no matter what, guarantee on their clothes!

Rikeshar":qza5smks said:
Brewdude":qza5smks said:

The VERY LAST!

;)

Cheers,

RR
Not completely true, my wife works for a clothing store, Land's End, and they have a lifetime, no matter what, guarantee on their clothes!
While they continue to whittle away at what is included, Sears still warranties the majority of their US made Craftsman hand tools for life, too. (Interesting that they also sell some of the Lands End line now, too) You can cut the head off a 25 year old screw drive with a plasma torch and they will give you a new one.