Coffee roasting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been roasting my own coffee for about 10 years in a small one pound roaster. Well I feel like it is coming to the end of its life, so the wife gave me permission to upgrade. We are also looking into starting to sell coffee as a supplement when I retire in the next year or so (oh so close). So here is the new roster, does 2KG batches so quite a step up from the old one.
20240328_200014.jpg

Too lazy here even though we go through a kilo or so a week. We get our coffee from a local roaster who just happens to be next door to the local brewer... Hic

Looks like a lovely machine, I dread to hear the cost. But then again all hobbies can be expensive. Ahem, pipes.

Too lazy here even though we go through a kilo or so a week. We get our coffee from a local roaster who just happens to be next door to the local brewer... Hic

Looks like a lovely machine, I dread to hear the cost. But then again all hobbies can be expensive. Ahem, pipes.
Don't know if riding horses is a hobby or a passion in life, but yeah, it's expensive, lol.

Did the first actual roast the other day (did some throw away "seasoning" roasts earlier). It was an Ethiopian, turned it pretty good. A lot to learn still, it's quite a change from the old roster. Once i get it all figured out will start working on some blends since I have always just done single origins.

Did the first actual roast the other day (did some throw away "seasoning" roasts earlier). It was an Ethiopian, turned it pretty good. A lot to learn still, it's quite a change from the old roster. Once i get it all figured out will start working on some blends since I have always just done single origins.

As I'm sure you're aware. Coffee blending has just as many variations if not more than tobacco blending. The same blend can taste totally different with a few minutes more roasting or a few degrees more or less heat.

Looks like you've lots of fun ahead of you mate. :p:coffee::coffee::coffee: