Greetings!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khiddy

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I’m glad to be here! I’m khiddy (found on all the socials under that name), living in South Bend, Indiana, originally from the Pacific Northwest. I work at a local institution of higher education of some renown, where I am a communications professional - I tell stories and get cheeks into seats. On the side, I write a monthly newspaper column, host a few podcasts, and just wrapped up an 8+ year run cohosting a nationally syndicated radio show.

I’ve smoked pipes and cigars off and on since college (30+ years now), and recently dusted off my pipes (I own 6) to start up again after a few years off. I bought several different blends from The Country Squire, and have really been enjoying their Parsons Blend, Northwest Trek, and Pilgrim’s Muse these past few weeks (I haven’t found any of the other blends in their Fantasy Series, which sparked my return to smoking, to have much “wow factor”).

I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all.

Welcome from the high desert of Oregon.
There are a few of us here who really enjoy old time radio but I'm pretty unfamiliar with radio made in the last half century. It's pretty cool that you have time spent on air, what sort of program did you host?

Welcome khiddy, pull up a chair and set a while! From...
Welcome.jpg

Hi folks,

I’m glad to be here! I’m khiddy (found on all the socials under that name), living in South Bend, Indiana, originally from the Pacific Northwest. I work at a local institution of higher education of some renown, where I am a communications professional - I tell stories and get cheeks into seats. On the side, I write a monthly newspaper column, host a few podcasts, and just wrapped up an 8+ year run cohosting a nationally syndicated radio show.

I’ve smoked pipes and cigars off and on since college (30+ years now), and recently dusted off my pipes (I own 6) to start up again after a few years off. I bought several different blends from The Country Squire, and have really been enjoying their Parsons Blend, Northwest Trek, and Pilgrim’s Muse these past few weeks (I haven’t found any of the other blends in their Fantasy Series, which sparked my return to smoking, to have much “wow factor”).

I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all.
Welcome to BoB!

Welcome!

I'm in Missouri, myself. Given the recent rain and wind, I hope to hear that you have a safe outdoor space to smoke while you contemplate the deluge.

I have a porch. I'm hoping the waters keep flowing around it.

Best,
Book

Welcome!

I'm in Missouri, myself. Given the recent rain and wind, I hope to hear that you have a safe outdoor space to smoke while you contemplate the deluge.

I have a porch. I'm hoping the waters keep flowing around it.

Best,
Book
Sadly I do not have a dry outside smoking spot, so I spent the evening jarring up my recent purchases from the bags they came in. Here’s to hoping that the weather tomorrow is slightly better for sitting on the patio with a bowl and a beverage!

Welcome from the high desert of Oregon.
There are a few of us here who really enjoy old time radio but I'm pretty unfamiliar with radio made in the last half century. It's pretty cool that you have time spent on air, what sort of program did you host?
I hosted a 30-minute chat show about faith with a deacon friend, called Living Stones produced out of Portland’s KBVM Catholic station. We had occasional guests like theologians, artists, and clergy join us for conversation. It was a joy to cohost, and I am working on some new projects to get back on the air!

That's really cool. Its great you were able to pit faith based stuff on air.
I hosted a 30-minute chat show about faith with a deacon friend, called Living Stones produced out of Portland’s KBVM Catholic station. We had occasional guests like theologians, artists, and clergy join us for conversation. It was a joy to cohost, and I am working on some new projects to get back on the air!
That's pretty cool. At least one other catholic here other than you, and that's me!