Hi Guys.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geordiebooker

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a new member here from Cornwall, UK.

Quite new to pipe smoking....I smoked roll-ups for the past umpteen years and haven't really enjoyed it for a while now....surely a pipe is a natural progression.

Well I got hold of a Peterson Tankard, broke her in nicely and I've never looked back.

I have a great relationship with my local baccy shop and I'm enjoying working my way through his stock.

I am also passionate about foraging for edible mushroom whilst taking in the beautiful views of the Cornish coast....but now I have a pipe in my pocket...the three go hand in hand (in hand).

.....not far off.....I'm originally from County Durham but my wife, children and I moved to Cornwall a few years ago..... absolutely love it here!!

geordiebooker":zkuguqp8 said:
.....not far off.....I'm originally from County Durham but my wife, children and I moved to Cornwall a few years ago..... absolutely love it here!!
Ah, I see!
Well, a hearty North-East welcome to you, from the not so hearty South-West!

Thanks for the welcome.....Am I right in thinking that new members are not able to have an avatar?

Hey there GB, I'm in Cornwall too, not far from Bude. When you say your local tobacconist, are you talking about McGahey in Exeter? I've scoured the area and came up with precious few tobacconists in the county. Welcome to the BoB by the way :)

Welcome to BoB, oh yes, wild mushroom foraging, a very enjoyable pastime and one with super delicious fringe benefits, marvellous mushroom soup, damn, now I'm hungry. ;)

Greyson":drz6roq7 said:
Hey there GB, I'm in Cornwall too, not far from Bude. When you say your local tobacconist, are you talking about McGahey in Exeter? I've scoured the area and came up with precious few tobacconists in the county. Welcome to the BoB by the way :)
Hey Greyson, I'm down the coast a little from you at Pentire, Newquay....My local is Johnny's Tobacconist...a great little shop run by a local lad, very friendly and not a bad range of baccy...their website doesn't do the shop justice though...shame.

I also use The Black Swan at Scarborough....very friendly and knowledgeable... absolute treasure trove...if you're ever up that way be sure to pop in.

I find that nearly all tobacconists are very friendly, this quality seems to be disappearing from our shops nowadays, I was in Falmouth a few days ago and lost count of the amount of shops I went in, had a mooch and the person at the counter had yet to lift their head up from their laptop/magazine.

welcome to the brotherhood may your days here be filled with laughter and lollypops

rev

Took a trip to Johnny's today, it was a bit of a trek but even so I think he's still my closest proper tobacconists. I liked the guy a lot, very friendly and helpful, and he had a good selection of pipe tobaccos, though I'd say about 90% of them were aromatics... not a major problem but I was hoping for a bit more selection for regular tobacco blends. I'd like to have stayed a bit longer and chatted to the guy but there was a big queue forming behind me so I didn't want to mess about. Good to know he's there though, if I ever needed another trip right away its 45 miles closer than Exeter in the round trip. Thanks for letting me know about him!